Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA-Arkansas will be high-stakes showdown after Razorbacks upset Texas A&M

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageUGA-Arkansas will be high-stakes showdown after Razorbacks upset Texas A&M

Next week’s Arkansas-Georgia game will likely be a showdown between top 10 teams after what the Razorbacks accomplished on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was really pulling for Arkansas, and it's great to see such a good man like Sam Pittman having success.

With Arkansas success and high ranking, is there any chance of the game time getting moved to a later slot?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Razorbacks looked pretty stout against the Aggies. To me, the Aggies were not #7 material and won't be now. I like Ark's very mobile dual threat QBs. They scamper all over the field. JT is a bit milder...but heaves it just as well as they did. If our OL can protect JT, we should be okay. Ark's OL had a tough time stopping the rush...but the QBs were like RBs. Could give UGA some trouble mainly on the outer perimeter.

I like Pittman but not next weekend.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The first real chance to show how much the offense has grown since The Clempsom game.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2021

Arkansas will be the best team we’ve faced so far. They are going to match up well with us. If their qb is healthy, he will test our defense. Our secondary has shown to be suspect on the deep ball and I’m sure Pittman will try and exploit that.

so much for the weak schedule, Arkansas and Florida have proved to be top tier teams.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

This game has me very concerned, not scared, or worried sick, but very concerned. Dawgs need to bring the A game all day long, no let up in intensity on Both sides of the ball. I believe this game will show what this Dawgs team Really is for the long haul. Both UGA and Clemson were really raw, hyped up, nervous, had to get in real game focus etc. etc. in that first game. The difference is Clemson never seemed to really recover from that loss where as UGA even though playing inferior teams coasted. Yes there have been problems, trip ups and snags. But all in all it appears that the Dawgs get better every game they play. Now though we will see a much better picture of this team because I believe Arkansas is a very good team and are for real. I’m confident the Dawgs can best Ark. but it’s gonna be a very tough game. The Defense needs to continue to play lights out, and the Offense needs to step up big and round off the team effort and get the W. Dawgs Special Teams could be even More important in this game. Get a W and no injuries and this will be a significant milestone game on the season. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@navydawg Clemson was never a very good football team. The good news is Tech beat UNC today so it appears the ACC will not be in the playoffs. Lurking however are Oregon and a very overrated ND

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We struggled against their 3-man front early last year, and we struggled again against Clemson this year. We better solve that early next week.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good points. I just hope our Dawgs are as good as we think and hope they are. They seem to be improving every game they play. Not without mistakes mind you but improving. I believe our Defense is the real deal, their just so fast and strong. And even the weak spot the Secondary seems to be improving. I just wish we could see more balance from our O line as far as opening holes for our RBs. They pass protect pretty well or at least have thus far. But need improvement with helping the run game. Im just glad this game is at home. Ark will have to travel and coming off an exciting win for them they may have a little fatigue. Where as we played the 7th string players against Vandy Lol !! And not nearly as far travel. I can easily imagine our home crowd will be roaring. Dawgs just need to come out very focused and take care of business. Kind of seems a little weird to see Clem’son aced out by NC State !! Before the season who’d have thunk that ? Go Dawgs !! Git Er Done !!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

This will be, no doubt a statement game for UGA, we will see the true make up of this team and coaching staff. The last time they had a 12:00 game in Athens against a SEC Under Dog opponent didn't turn out so well " South Carolina " . It should be a great home field advantage, I hope the fans show up loud and proud, I will. Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know several are upset about the noon kickoff next week, and initially so was I. But now I'm thinking, Arkansas probably hates the noon kick as much as we do. They will have to travel -- to a different time zone, no less -- and get up early in a strange city without benefit of their own fans to hype them up. I don't think that is a huge advantage for the Dawgs, but I do think it has some benefit. Especially if our fans show up early and loud, which is why I think Kirby is already challenging them. He knows it's important to have that energy in the stadium BEFORE kickoff. Remember, 4-0 record, high ranking, national attention, being talked about as a challenger to Alabama; this is all new to this Arkansas team. Here's to hoping they don't handle success well. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There is not a snowball in "Hades" chance of the game being moved to another time. I just hope the Dawgs are as ready for another noon kickoff as they were yesterday. My only concern is for a school that likes the moniker "RBU", it sure doesn't look that way.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't give a crap what Clemson does this season. All UGA has to do is continue to beat whoever is put in front of them, and it won't matter what any committee thinks. Win the SEC. Go to the playoffs.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully Arkansas best two players will be at or close to 100%. UGA very much needs some challenge before Florida, who runs a similar offense.

I still have no idea how good any team is. This includes the dawgs. Lets be honest they have not played a very challenging schedule to date. The good news is they have taken care of business.