Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ladd McConkey gives Georgia receiving corps rocket boost in 62-0 win over Vanderbilt

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageLadd McConkey gives Georgia receiving corps rocket boost in 62-0 win over Vanderbilt

ATHENS — Ladd McConkey checked all the boxes, as far as Kirby Smart was concerned, so the Georgia head coach didn’t care about the undersized prospect’s star rating or offer list coming out of North Murray High School.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great game by McConkey. He did a good job of high-pointing the catch in the end-zone.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ladd is coming into his own. He is the well-rounded athlete with the smarts and grit to make it in the SEC as a UGA standout. He surely has the hands for the job. Size isn't everything....obviously.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice to read about a star who was essentially an unheralded prospect. Kirby & Company should be commended for identifying his talent and potential.

From this vantage point it's clear Kirby values smarts and classroom skills in his football players. Ladd McConkey brings to mind that wide receiver who gave us fits a couple of years ago from what was it maybe the University of Massachusetts or somewhere like that. Comparing his to the great Andy Isabella might be a stretch, but...I like Ladd a lot.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ladd is one of those guys who play with a lot of heart and determination and those attributes do not show up in the measurables. Guys like him are often overlooked before they ever step on the field. Proud this young man is a Dawg!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, it's really awesome to see a 3-star getting his time in the lights after working so hard. The great thing is that he's earned the right to play even as we get our injured back.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McConkey and Bowers both proved their worth! And good to see Fitzpatrick and Mitchell get some catches.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of all the good that happened yesterday Ladd's performance surprized me most. He wasn't just in the right place at the right time, he made plays.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's clearly a better and more skilled athlete than I was giving him credit for as well though, he looked good yesterday.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With Ladd's speed and quickness there is a place for him in this O. As he gains confidence it is nice to have his skillset on the O toolbelt. McConkey's success is a bit of a surprise. Bowers' success is no surprise. You could see from his HS tape that his size/speed/athleticism was special.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe I compared him to Hunter Renfroe and someone took exception to it. How's he looking now?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very proud of Ladd McConkey !! I guess because he was sort of an underdog coming in I took a liking to him the moment I read about him being recruited the first time. And now he’s showing up big time !! Way to go Ladd !! Proud of and for you !! Go Dawgs !!