Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Live Blog: Kirby Smart, Sam Pittman update quarterbacks’ status

Comments

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Vegas must of called kirby. Time too start prevent offense. Let Arkansas try and score in the 1st half, oh, and get the ball first in the 2nd half. Leave it up to kirby. The only coach in America to pull back the reins of an offense, and not allow them to change when the defense changes. SMH.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You know one thing I loved about that LSU team that won the national championship. They would absolutely try to put 100 points on you no matter what and that's what made them deadly. We need that mentality if they can't stop it that's too bad.

And we are going to run up the middle and kick Field goals for the rest of the afternoon gentlemen.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some folks are NEVER satisfied. Dawgs will still probably win by 35 and that's apparently not enough.

Kirby is going to cut Sam done slack and just try to run the clock out.

It's not enough, because if the roles were reversed they would put 60 on us and punch their ticket.

How many games have we ever lost when you saw a team pulled back on us...... Florida was still throwing the ball in the 4th quarter last year remember that trying to run it up.

But the defense is spectacular they're deep and they're always attacking.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The same folks that complain all week about Stetson not being able to throw the ball out of his shadow are PO’d that Kirby isn’t letting him throw the ball all over the lot.

When the defense is playing a 3-2-6 to stop the pass, you run the ball. Ole Miss runs the same D as Arky. My bet is Bama runs the ball. It’s called taking what the defense gives you.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2021

Why? Seriously, we’re having a day where our O-line is finally making space for our runners. Just as important that they let those boys do their work.

I don't think that's it at all if we wanted to we can score on Arkansas right now but we've gone to just run the ball because we don't want to run it up on Sam Pittman. That defense Arkansas is running is made to stop the deep ball and also to keep eyes on the backfield. We have the tight ends to exploit that but we're not we're just going to run the clock. This game plan is to give the offensive line confidence that's all it is we're just going to pound them into submission. And if we're going to do that we might as well bring in the backups and let them get some time because as long as the defense on the field the game is over. The strength of this team is that defense.

I'm glad the backs are getting some action they need some confidence and the line.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m loving this game! The wins Arky has makes them a legit top ten team and we are dominating in all aspects and with a second string QB…a QB that according to many “experts” who frequent DN shouldn’t even be on the roster or at least fourth string.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t see how we could ask for much more from our beloved Dawgs in this game we’ve seen today !! They look like True Championship Contenders !! Go Dawgs !!!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has anyone ever thought,

maybe Kirby doesn’t want to reach any further in the playbook and show competition anything else?

sometimes we have coach against our tendencies. Also, I love seeing the line hangs and the backs get some action.

go dawgs!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

37-0 Final Goooooo Dawgs !!!