Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football: The crazy story on where Ladd McConkey was headed before his UGA offer

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football: The crazy story on where Ladd McConkey was headed before his UGA offer

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry offers an alternative storytelling method of how former no-star recruit Ladd McConkey wound up playing for Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I felt bad for that poor DB that Ladd used and abused in that clip from The Opening. Then, to find out it was a zero star vs. five star Kelee Ringo. That ain’t chopped liver! Glad they are both on our team!

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

In Ladd we will Trust!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • haroldhuffharoldhuff Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Ladd wasn't going against Ringo in the clip. Ringo just shared it on social media.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought Ladd was in the 6’0” 180-185 range. There have been plenty of receivers who contributed at UGA in that size range if that is correct. Someone correct me if I wrong. Me thinks they were using his size as a crutch for what they were really thinking also about Ladd not playing at UGA., I thought Brock Bowers has at least two TD receptions. Again, I could be wrong. Go Dawgs!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A diamond in the rough. No Star-3 Star. Now one of the best receivers at UGA.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I must admit that him and Bowers are the receivers I have 100% confidence in catching the ball.

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 275 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just betting somewhere up there, Vic McConkey has taken a lot of yellow out of his color palette with a resulting gorgeous RED as his favorite color!

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was listed at only around 5'10 or so and 160lbs soaking wet in high school. That was the listed weight. I think it was probably more like 5'9 at 150lbs soaking wet. That was the reason most power 5 schools never offered him. However, he's grown a few inches to 6'0, and have bulked up a little, to approximately 185lbs. As I've mentioned before, I was impressed by his speed and quickness, once I saw his highlight film, once he committed to GA. I had a feeling that he would one day shock a lot of people. I just didn't think it would be to this level. That kid is special, a hard worker and humble. I'm a big fan of his. Go Lad! Keep getting after it...

• MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Excellent article. I very much enjoyed learning more about what is quickly becoming one of my favorite Dawgs. Keep up the good work, Ladd!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ladd is the guy in previous years we would pass on, then deeply regret it as he burned us year after year. Talent is talent, **** the stereotype.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really impressed with the coaching staff thinking outside the box on Ladd. He was a swiss army knife for his HS team. That speaks to talent, leadership, and heart. THe kid has it all.

I used to play backyard ball with my cousin who wasn't big as nothing and not very fast but he could cut and juke you out every time. Break your ankles type of moves.

Go Ladd!!!!

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ladd is the real thing. The way he worked in those drills was fantastic. He's very fast; his cuts and turns are beautiful and he catches the ball. He's going to be big, really big at 6-0 and 185. Go you Hairy Dawg!!!

• fatdawgfatdawg Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That @JeffSentell should write for a living. Great job.