Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart: ‘never satisfied,’ but praises OC Todd Monken, identifies play of the game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: ‘never satisfied,’ but praises OC Todd Monken, identifies play of the game

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart put things into perspective quickly Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kendall Milton is a great player and only get better and better. You know because of all the injuries we have so many young guys playing This year. The way it happened seemed like a curse. But if we can get some guys back over this Bye week time the Dawgs will be a more complete team. And these “young” guys are now 7 weeks in for many of them !! Extremely valuable experience for This year and next year !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Head's up play by KMilton. I was thinking the same thing he was, "get on the ball!" I remember after last years KY/UGA game how many guys couldn't go against FU the next week. Didn't see anybody go down in this game. Speed and CSmith should be back next week.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the most important bye week maybe in the history of the program! The Dawgs are poised for a championship run. As great as the season has been so far, a new season begins with UF. This team will be even greater if we get even a third of our injured players back for the stretch run, especially on offense. Monken will be able to introduce a whole new playbook.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does anyone know if Arik Gilbert is still in school, attending classes? Did we ever find out exactly what was going on with Arik?

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's amazing how much production has been produced on Offense with so many starting players missing.

The Defense gets the headlines and rightfully so. But the job Todd Monken is doing with the Offense has been masterful.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow, the "history of the program", that's from someone who has seen how many seasons? My memory stretches back to the1957 season and I remember several successful years where bye weeks came at very opportune times. I remember in 1980 we needed rest and getting players back late in the year. Not nearly as much depth then. This year is much needed but I cannot agree with "history of the program".

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This year's injuries are experience for next year's starters. Ladd, Broderick, defensive backs, defensive line (to a lesser extent) are getting valuable pressure experience that will we be vital for our continued winning ways next year.