Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star WR Luther Burden III has made his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 5-star WR Luther Burden III has made his college decision

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry drops the knowledge on why Luther Burden III chose to commit to Missouri.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LamardleeLamardlee Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

Good luck young man! We would have loved for you to be a Dawg, but certainly understand the desire to stay in state.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lost a very good WR to Missouri! He will be a force for UGA to reckon with. He wanted to be near home. Wish him the best.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bummer!!! Wishing him the best except when he plays the Dawgs. Good luck Luther. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    papa_may_maypapa_may_may Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

This one stings. Really thought we won him over. Especially when he said that he wanted to get out of his neighborhood. Really took that to mean that he would go out of state. Sincerely wishing him the best! DawgNation will be watching👀

• Options
    Scottdobbs01Scottdobbs01 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Have fun at Mizzou.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Good luck young man. Seems like a thoughtful guy. Too bad the UGA/MO is in Athens this year. Would love for that to be his official visit to MO. Shows you the absolute value of protecting your home state borders. LSU does it better than most. FU/Mullen gets their lunch money taken every year. Hope Mullen gets an extension. Too many GA kids have gone elsewhere. Sunshine, Watson, Fields, Derek Brown, Cam Newton, Will Anderson, Myles Murphy come to mind immediately. CKS doing a better job stopping the talent flow out of the state. This years success should help.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck in your future young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best Wishes to him and his family. Maybe we'll see him in Red & Black if things don't pan out at Mizzou. I never count Kirby out

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish him the very best as long as it’s not against the Dawgs. Like others have already stated maybe we’ll see him at UGA via the transfer portal.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Not surprised. When Sentell didn't actually go to Missouri to cover his announcement ceremony in person, that was a dead giveaway. He'll do OK at Mizzou, but they need A WHOLE LOT MORE than just one outstanding wide receiver. Forgot to add that I do wish that top-rated Georgia players (talking about you, Travis Hunter) felt that same kind of loyalty and pull to their state's flagship university. And also, forget about Burden ever wearing Red and Black. Outside of Arik Gilbert (who may never play for the Dawgs), I can't recall of any kid who spurned UGA initially, transferring back to Georgia. So Burden may transfer one day, but it won't be to Georgia.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can’t complain we don’t throw to receivers hopefully this will change in the near future and we’ll get him via tp in a year or two

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Unrelated but I'm going to predict the score UGA-MOU 47-3

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Okay, it's a high school dude announcing where he's going to go to school. Not sure why we need to spend a lengthy bio piece on DawgNation on a guy who's going somewhere else. He's from the area. He picked his home state school. Period. Enough said. Moving on.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish the young man well, particularly in light of the difficult environment he has grown up in. But I can’t say I am surprised. Players like him, who have already decommitted once, will often continue searching for something that they may never truly find in any program. You can only spend so much time and effort on higher maintenance type players.

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

He could still do a George Pickens

• Options
    atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Right, because our receivers have ZERO receptions - ever...

Maybe you should head on home to the Gator's Forum...

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Had a chance to come into a Major program and instantly become a household name. Instead he chose to stay home and stick with his guys. Family can see him play in person, I get it. He may miss some branding money.

• Options
    dawgs18dawgs18 Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Trey33 do you actually watch the games this year or u just watching reruns from 2019? seriously **** are u talking about