Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia coach Kirby Smart covers bye week activity, how reps were split up

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia coach Kirby Smart covers bye week activity, how reps were split up

Georgia coach Kirby Smart put his football team under the microscope when he wasn’t working them at each level last week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Spend a lot of time working on our mental game as well. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties. Goobers are going to try and get under our skin, we must stay focused and not retaliate when provoked. Focus on taking care of our business, and block out all that junk that can cost us a penalty. Stay focused on taking care of business! Stay focused and GATA! Stay focused and GATA! Stay focused and GATA!

I want to absolutely destroy them goobers! I want King Kirby to open up a barrel of whoop ass on them! I want to run up the score on them goobers and demoralize them. I want to see the head goober, Doofus Dan, squirming and crying on the sidelines. I want to punish them goobers, and show them that what happened last year was nothing but a fluke. A new, long winning streak against the hated gators begins Saturday! And to our fans, continue representing the G in loud and proud fashion. And class, of course! Let's make this a home game.

This game is the next step on our way to a championship season. Let's play hungry! Let's go!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF FLORIDA!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

" In Kirby We Trust "

GATA !!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“That’s what we do, that’s quality control, we look through every unit, every phase, every situation, formations, what are people looking at us as far as formation tendencies,” Smart said. “You name it, we’re looking hard at it to improve it,. Every little change you can make. or tweak you can make, helps you.”...Kirby Smart.

One thing for sure, Kirby is thorough and studied. He knows Mullen is going to come at UGA with alternating QBs and run-pass option. It worked very well against Bama and LSU.Not so well against KY. Gator overall defense is not at UGA level. You can score against the Gators. UGA defense should give their QBs fits....they run out of the pocket on the option. Must rush the QBs before they set. UGA defense will overpower their offensive line. Likey many picks and fumbles...missed cadence.

I do not know for sure who will start for UGA at QB? I now think Kirby may want to launch JT to see how he performs. Against the Gators he should be able to remain in the pocket and pick them apart at will. Just a new hunch. Purely speculative.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

However this game goes, I think it would be a good idea to give Daniels at least a few starts before the SECCG. If he is playing well, then keep him in there. It may be that we'll need Bennett's style as a change of pace at some point in the post-season, and please don't mistake this for nay saying him. But I think unless he proves otherwise with lackluster play, Daniels should be the first option once he's ready to go. Maybe bring him along slowly at first, since there is obviously going to be some rust (as has already been established from a recent presser). But going forward from the Florida game, I say let's use those next four *relatively* easy games to really find out what this offense can be with a fully functional Daniels. If we do that and it turns out Bennett is simply the better candidate, then so be it.