Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia favored by historically high number over Florida in annual rivalry

SystemSystem Posts: 10,556 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia favored by historically high number over Florida in annual rivalry

Most expected No. 1-ranked Georgia to be favored over Florida this season, but the two-touchdown spread per VegasInsider.com (14.5) is the second-largest in the series history, per UGA sports historian Patrick Garbin.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, we ought to beat these guys, but you can usually throw out the records with this rivalry game...of course, other than bragging rights there's really nothing on the line for Florida. As long as we can contain the QBs when they try to run and get an effective pass rush then we should win this one. So, again it comes down to the line of scrimmage.

And looking at the remaining regular season opponents on our schedule, they have all got at least 3 losses already (TN, Mizzou, and GT have 4 losses each). This definitely bodes well for the Dawgs, and gives us more time to get some of those injured back in the lineup.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is a large line, especially considering the talent on the other side. But it's about matchup's, and a run first offense facing this defense is fighting an uphill battle.

On the other side of the ball, that matchup also favors the Dawgs. If Florida doesn't get that run defense fixed, GA may double the 14 point spread. Either way GA is too balanced and talented on offense for Florida's defense.

GOOOOODAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smart says JT throwing pain free. Does that mean he starts? Smart said Bennett has earned his spot under center. Usual ..who knows? I like SmartsTheMan "too balanced and talented on offense for Florida defense." Yes. Well, run first offense....yeah but Mullen's boys will be running the option to spread the UGA defense.If they play pocket ball, UGA will smother them for losses and fumbles. Also, look for UGA to "pick" Gator's passes on perimeter stuff. Mullen knows he is over-matched, so will come up with trick plays: RBs throwing passes...double hand-offs. He is pretty savvy on offense, I guess...but does not have the players to execute. UGA presses in like no other defense in college football. Going to be a long day for Mr. Mullen

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭ Junior

As I heard Kevin Butler say on the pregame show driving to Athens, the Dawgs need to stay away from STD's - special team disasters. We came close to fumbling a couple of punts against KY, which would have resulted in big momentum plays - for them! If we can stay away from any turnovers in the kicking game and Hot Pod make his kicks, this should be another comfortable win in the 4th quarter. I look forward to seeing JT Daniels back under center and the offense further coming together under Monken's leadership to make a run to, and through, the playoffs!

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm sure AL was favored by at least that much over ATM and we know how that turned out. If anyone wants to see special team disasters, they need to look at the AL TN game last night. Don't listen to Rat Poison!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t like the idea of using two QBs and I would be curious how Monken feels about it. Yes, Stets has played well. If he has won the starters role, so be it. If JT is pain free and can make all the throws at 100% and has proven at practice he is fully capable of picking up where he left off and deserves to start ahead of Bennett, so be it. Pick one! I prefer having one happy QB even if the other is disgruntled rather than having two disgruntled QBs!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t y’all remember 2002?

The gators cost us a shot at the natty. I believe they’d love nothing more than to P in the pool for us.

Beat the brakes off of them !

go dawgs!

• Options
    DawgnSCDawgnSC Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think both Quarterbacks are capable of moving the offense for Monken and the Dawgs. No turnovers and have balance and I think we win by 3 scores. No rat poison, just my opinion.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Slime Lizards are always dangerous.

They won't go down easily.

Kirby & Company will be prepared to kill 'em dead and bury 'em deep.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As always stop the run (including the QB's). THe aren't going to beat us passing the ball around. No Trask, Pitts. or Toney. Get-R-Done!

LSU just kept running the ball up their gut. Don't know if our O-Line is the equal of LSU's but our rushing stats say we're better than LSU. We should have some success there. That bodes well for our passing attack.

UGA wins going away,38-17.