Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Around the SEC: Alabama tops Tennessee, but not before Vols’ offense flashes

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageAround the SEC: Alabama tops Tennessee, but not before Vols’ offense flashes

ATHENS — Alabama needed all four quarters to pull away for a 52-24 win over Tennessee that was much closer than the final margin indicated.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

" The takeaway for No. 1-ranked Georgia is that Alabama’s offense is every bit as balanced and explosive as advertised, and the Tide would indeed present a challenge for the Bulldogs’ elite defense.

But also, that the trip to Knoxville to Tennessee on Nov. 13 might prove interesting."

Agree on both points Mike. Bama is getting gradually better each week, and Bryce Young is improving. He threw for 371 yards against TN and the guy can dance. RB Brian Robinson is a beast! We'll have to contain Young as best we can and get a pass rush on him (assuming we meet in December). Metchie is our biggest threat on the perimeter... ...11 catches for 121 yards.

TN has the fastest offense I have ever witnessed, but my belief is Kirby will grid it out on offense just like Bama did and keep them off the field as much as possible. We should be able to wear their defense down by 3Q & 4Q as well. Interesting game yes, but I don't see TN being able to hang with us all 4 quarters.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sure hope that the condition of their field is vastly better than in the past. Numerous teams have complained about it some not even in the SEC. Vols do look improved. And playing them in their house will make it even tougher. But as long as the Dawgs stay focused and keep their eyes on the prize I Believe they will prevail. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    JuniorDawgJuniorDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

So Tennessee can play 3 quarters of offense. Gotcha. On a exponentially weaker defense at that. The final score won’t be as bad as Bama but you’re giving too much credit to the Vols. They won’t score 24 on UGA. 35-10 or 42-15 maybe. Mike- let’s talk Sunday morning 11-14 after this game.