Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Anonymous coach on Jordan Davis: ‘I haven’t seen a more dominant player’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageAnonymous coach on Jordan Davis: ‘I haven’t seen a more dominant player’

Georgia football defensive tackle Jordan Davis continues to impress for the Bulldogs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Revenge is best served year old cold - GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let us get this straight...UGA will win this game. It is not as if UGA defense has to prove itself against Mullen....no...UGA has already shown itself to be #1 defense. UGA's offense has literally been born again and should have little problem with the toothless Gators defense. Pundits and others declaim that Mullen will throw everything they have at UGA...so did the other 8 teams....one of those losers beat Florida. A very imposing reason for this success is Jordan Davis. He makes things happen..he does not react. He plugs holes. He moves pockets. He chases down running backs. He creates havoc. He gets my vote for the Heisman. He is the Dominator.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

I respectfully disagree with those who think Georgia can just "show up" and win this game. Despite the attrition and bad coaching at Florida, that state and team have too many ballers to take for granted. And this is, after all, their bowl game. A bad bounce here, an injury there, and/or a terrible call yonder, and anything could happen. I expect a UGA win, but still a bit antsy... sure hope they prep as they have all year, and that bad breaks aren't part of the equation. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA has to do much more than "show up" against the turds, we must demolish and demoralize them. If we don't smack them in the mouth on the first play and continue to do so on every play, they might hang around too long. UGA needs to score early and often.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A guy I teach with was a Safety (Rover, specifically) at Auburn many years back. I asked him his thoughts on one of the "oh-my-goodness" moments that ended up being a non-issue that DawgNation was having few weeks back, and, when he agreed that that non-issue should be a non-issue, the conversation turned to his thoughts on UGA's season as a whole. His answer is one that stuck with me pretty well. "The way I see it," he said, "is that the only team that's going to beat Georgia this year is Georgia." And this is my worry with every game. Thankfully, those boys haven't given me any reason to believe that they're going to beat themselves, but that's the catch: that sort of whooping can happen any time. Showing up isn't enough; gotta show up hungry and ready to EAT.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why would anyone have to ask for anonymity to state that Jordan is the most dominant player at his position? What the hell is this, the nuclear football?

• Options
    atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Todd Grantham knows he's already in enough trouble without admitting to this statement.... Just saying.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2021

So, I read the ESPN article wherein Connelly owns up to some of his pre-season misjudgments. One of them was UGA's offensive identity, although he does throw himself a pretty solid bone (coughcough) with this little bit:

"This year, Bennett has again thrived in place of the injured Daniels, and Georgia has won seven games by an average score of 38-7. But the Dawgs haven't played an offense ranked higher than 35th in offensive SP+. Average offensive ranking of their seven opponents: 66th."

He's making comparisons between our Dawgs and them ElEfAnTs a little west of here. Here's the statistic he left out. I had to do a little Jethro cipherin', but the way it calculates out, the average defensive rating of the opponents that the Rusty Sea Foam has played is 62.75. Average defense vs. UGA? 45.85. So. Tell me again, Mr. ESPN Spin Doctor how wrong, exactly, you were...

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Laughing emoji for your reply atadawg. The best humor is grounded in reality and you may well be correct in your assessment. You'll be watching Grantham's last Georgia-Florida game as D-Coordinator for the Swamp Lizards.😂

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's funny how some UGA fans think because most of us are confident that the Dawgs will win this game easily that players think the same way as us. Kirby and his staff will have them ready they know what's at stake. This is a special season and they will go 15-0