Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia star Jordan Davis anchors No-Name Defense, ‘enjoying the ride,’ focused on team goals

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia star Jordan Davis anchors No-Name Defense, ‘enjoying the ride,’ focused on team goals

ATHENS — There’s nothing like the site of a 340-pound defensive lineman chasing down a 220-pound ball carrier from behind, or pushing back two blockers at the point of attack.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike,

I've read this and re-read it several times. What am I missing ?

An astounding 13 different UGA defenders have recorded sacks this season and 16 different players have recorded double-digit sacks.

If only 13 players have recorded sacks how can 16 different players have double-digit sacks ? I'm sure I must be missing something.

Don Medeiros

• Options
    Nickelsonx1Nickelsonx1 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

After the next draft people will know their names.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA's no name defense actually does have..a..name...Jordan Davis...and company.

• Options
    OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

When I had basic infantry training at Ft. Benning, we had a night defensive position, and I was assigned the point lookout. About 2:00 am all was quiet until it wasn't. The horrible noise kept getting louder until the tank, at 200 yards, was clearly visible. I just KNEW it was going to run over me in my tiny foxhole. So, I know exactly how offense linemen feel when they look up before the snap and see number 99, Jordan Davis. They are going to be flattened, like Flat Stanley, and made into mince meat.

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Come on lighten up.....just personalizing it a bit. "And company" = UGA defense. Without Jordan, I will tell you this :"defense" would be a lot different. That is why he stayed on his senior year...he wanted to make a difference and help "the team."

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Refreshing in every way. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He must mean that 16 players have recorded double-digit tackles rather than sacks. You'd think he would at least re-read before publishing.