Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Coaches Poll Top 25 rankings: Georgia football the clear No. 1 as country debates who should follow

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageCoaches Poll Top 25 rankings: Georgia football the clear No. 1 as country debates who should follow

Georgia football was once again ranked No. 1 in this week's Coaches Poll.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bet Cincy isn't #2 on Tuesday night.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Placing Ohio State over Oregon makes no sense and diminishes the value of the regular season. Why schedule difficult games? Oregon has the same record and beat Ohio State at Columbus. They were also without their best player. I don’t care about the so-called “eye test”. These two teams played on the field. That needs to be the first consideration.

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior
    1. UGA
    2. Oklahoma
    3. MSU
    4. Cincy
    5. Oregon
    6. OSU
    7. Bama

I just don't see any other order. Bama has the worst loss of the group, Oregon has the best win of the 1-loss teams. MSU higher than Cincy because of SoS.

It's always frustrating for me when some people rank who they see as the best teams vs those that rank based on merit. Obviously, mine is merit-based.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Disagree with AP and College on a few but will pick this one......Cincinnati struggled against Tulane for first half and were behind at one point and earlier had a very difficult time before finally besting Navy by only 7. They would have major trouble with most of the other top seven teams. Cannot see them #2....not close. IMO. Also, Ohio State had all it could handle with Penn State last eve. Eked it out in 4th Qtr.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I'd like to play Cincy in the NC game, but somehow I doubt we will get the chance. It's be nice to play them first round though.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched a little of Cincy...they are no match for the Dawgs.