Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia’s QB situation remains a hot topic

2»

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lots of opinions here. All I really know is this: we'd better figure out the QB situation before the first week of December...

Bama's Bryce Young is hands-down a better QB as a freshman than either Daniels or Stetson in all facets of the game - passing, mobility, and decision making. And he's getting better every week. And the Bama team that lost to the Aggies several weeks ago probably wouldn't lose that game today. Assuming we play Bama, we will have our work cut out for us. Can't wait to hear Hayes's reasons why he thinks this Bama team is built to beat the DAWGS.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with Allot of what you said here. There is one exception though. And that is your comment about Bryce being better than JT. With all due respect and no sarcasm there’s no Real way to say that. We’ve never seen a totally healthy version of JT. Not last year or this year. Now you could be justified in saying that Bryce is better than JT was at USC before he got hurt there. But last year he had to deal with having very limited preseason practice due to COVID. Then the knee issue both Physically & Mentally. Then this year unbeknown to Dawgs fans he Started & Stayed injured until just recently at least what we’ve been told. It’s also gonna take some time to get the rust knocked off when he does return ( I sure hope in the Mizzou game). But once he does get back in the swing of things as best we all know from the info we get fed this will be the healthiest JT we’ve had at UGA. He might turn out to be one of if not The best QBs in college football for all we know. Or the opposite. I do get the gist of what your saying though and that is Bryce is Very good and getting even better. But if Kirby allows JT to start the remainder of the regular season games And he stays at or very close to 100% healthy it’s quite possible he could become one of the best ever at UGA. We simply don’t know. We have seen flashes of some very good potential. Plus it must be accounted for that Bryce’s primary receivers are not out injured. So hopefully JT will have at least some of the injured guys back. If George Pickens is back, fully healthy, has played maybe a couple of games prior ( like Charleston Southern & GT) to get the rust off before the SECCG. Then Look Out !! George would make Me look good lol !! I’m hoping & Believing that JT is gonna be absolutely Devastating when he gets some time under his belt and some of his weapons back !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

@navydawg...Understand what you are saying. True, we don't really know how good JT can be since he has been in and out of the lineup last year and this year. Maybe he can be as good or better than Young. I'd love to find out. But it's hard to gain any kind of rhythm, consistency, touch, feel for the game, or mojo with your teammates when you aren't playing consistently in a game setting. That's one of the reasons that Bryce Young has got a clear advantage over JT or Stet right now, and that's why I honestly hope we get JT back in the starting lineup sooner rather than later. The more games he plays in ahead of December the better off the Dawgs will be. Of course, he needs to be fully healed and not prone to getting easily re-injured which would be devastating. That's one of the reasons why Kirby has kept him out maybe a bit longer than anticipated. I can't imagine we won't see Daniels by the time we play TN.

Bryce Young has been very impressive. I've seen him make just a few bad decisions in the games that I have watched, and overall, his passing & mobility are simply Heisman worthy - especially for a freshman. Right now, he holds top-15 national rankings in yards per attempt (9.2), yards per game (306.6) and touchdown passes (26). Young also ran for 42 yards and two scores in Bama's win over Tennessee, suggesting his mobility will be a larger factor in November. Now we all know what Saban saw in this guy, and he's as cool as a cucumber.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with your thoughts here. All we can do is hope JT will be back Soon. And be all we hope he will be. There are two other elements of the Dawgs game we can hope for that might sway to our favor. One every game played gives our Secondary more experience we already knew and have happily seen our D line and LBs play at an elite level. The Secondary was the question mark. Maybe by the time we face Bama they will be pushing for elite status to. Two if we can get some of these injured guys back on the Offense and at or close to 100% in particular Pickens that would be Huge. Although no game can ever be taken for granted the only regular season game that should be of concern is the Vols. I worry some about their field, that place is a haven for injuries to visiting teams !! I’ve read both SEC and out of conference teams complain about that place. Maybe the public exposure has forced them to make at least some repair and conditioning of the field. If we can finish the rest of the regular season without any more injuries I like our chances though. I think our D is better than Bama. And I think if our O is close to fully loaded factoring in our TEs and RBs it’s just as good. Special Teams are probably about an even match. Go Dawgs !!