Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

College Football Playoff rankings: Georgia debuts as No. 1 team in initial rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 11,043 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageCollege Football Playoff rankings: Georgia debuts as No. 1 team in initial rankings

Georgia football came in at No. 1 in the inital 2021 College Football Playoff rankings

Read the full story here

Comments

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 267 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wait, where is Florida?🤣

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 267 ✭✭✭ Junior

The team we have to watch out for is Tennessee. In Knoxville, they will be ready for us.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

Anybody know what ‘19 LSU was ranked in the CFP standings? I thought they were #1 and basically never dropped, but my timeline for that year is all off. I’m sure I could google it, but I’d rather just bring it here.

Also, GO DAWGS!!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There you go Kirby! Don’t let the guys get complacent. It has bit us in the %#} in years past! Go Dawgs!

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coach Smart is spot on when he says you cannot hang your hat on peoples' opinions about the Dawgs. If the players get caught up in filling their head with all the accolades people come up with, without using that as impetus to propel them to a finer mastery of their craft, they will find themselves on the losing side of the scoreboard.

This same principle is expressed in God's holy word. Almighty God expects His children to show excellence in every thing that they do. He wants them to be diligent about their work, always looking for that next level of excellence.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One game at a time. Everyone should know it's a grind. Everyone will give you their best shot. But if you are truly an elite team you embrace the challenge. It's about believing in yourself.

I was so impressed when LSU played Clemson for the NAtty and Clemson came out playing with their hair on fire and tried to deliver an early TKO but LSU never got flustered. THe OC and Burrows just kept saying, "let's do what we do." By halftime the momentum had completely switched sides and it was game over.

Let's just do what we do. Embrace the challenge.