Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart, Nolan Smith discuss impact of Adam Anderson suspension

SystemSystem Posts: 11,083 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart, Nolan Smith discuss impact of Adam Anderson suspension

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart and Nolan Smith discuss the on-field impact of Adam Anderson

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, Anderson will be missed. A seriously depleted LSU team yesterday kept up the pressure and havoc against Young for much of the game. It worked very well. We'll definitely need the same formula by the time we most likely play Bama on Dec 4th or Young may pick us apart. Lanning will figure it out, and like LSU, will probably bring pressure from multiple positions.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The longer Adam A. is away the less likely he will ever suit up again. These cases normally take time. Walker, Beal good ones to fill in. Will need to shore up the OLB by Tenn. game. Tenn. went wild with their win over ranked KY. They are energized. UGA will have a tough time with them. I have a gut feeling. They do not have a stellar defense but will line-up in a box as Mizzou did to slow the Dawgs run game and they do have good backs and QB. I see a lot of the same technique between Mizzou and Tenn. UGA will need to exert pressure from kick-off to last tick of the game clock this time. I do believe UGA defense will wear them down. It is the offense I am concerned with. I hope Salyer is cleared to play..doubt it but one can hope. Tenn. is a very fast moving team as KY found out. Will be interesting to see the point spread vs UGA.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate it that an accusation can cause a suspension but there is no such thing as “too careful” when it comes to any Title IX issues especially when it comes to anything concerning sexual crimes against women. The last thing UGA wants is the same kind of mess that’s circling the drain at LSU.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

It was obvious that the defense was missing AA on Saturday as it looked like they played in a fog for most of the first half. They will all have to adjust to the new reality of life without their best pass rusher. Travon and Nolan will really have to step up to try an fill the void. I assume there are a lot of back channel negotiations going on right now between the attorneys to try and get the accuser to drop the charges. I will be watching to see if any charges get filed next week. The longer it goes without charges being filed against AA, the better. It probably doesn't mean we will see him back in a Dawgs uniform but who knows...