Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

International Tongue Twister Day

donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since we do have an Off Topic option, I thought this might be fairly fun for a few folks. Today is International Tongue Twister Day. Do you have a favorite tongue twister you'd care to share ?

Here is one the Guinness Book of Records calls the toughest of them all. Try saying this one fast, about, oh, about 6 times.

"The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick."

How did you do ?

Comments

• Options
    truepingtrueping Posts: 360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

In my best Mad Max voice from the syndicated radio show "John Boy and Billy"......NOT TOO GOOD!!!

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember being taught the Peter Piper nursery rhyme as a kid. It's not the best tongue twister I've ever heard, but it was certainly the first!

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,

A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked;

If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,

Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

• Options

Don, does this mean you're going to restart your old column? It was one of the best traditions during DN's glory days.

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The thought had crossed my mind when I heard this particular twister on the radio this morning. I enjoyed doing it but it seemed a good # of folks thought it was in appropriate for this forum. It was usually listed under OFF TOPIC or FOOD.

• Options

Well, whatever label they want to put on it, I can assure you it was one of my favorite things and I know I wasn't alone. If it's something you'd enjoy doing I am sure a lot of folks would love to see it.