Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart’s Georgia defense braces for lightning-fast Tennessee offense

SystemSystem Posts: 11,082 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart’s Georgia defense braces for lightning-fast Tennessee offense

ATHENS — Kirby Smart is working to get No. 1-ranked Georgia ready for some fast-break football at Tennessee, and it hasn’t been easy.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UT is quick...but I'll put my money on real lightning every time. UT is being hyped ..rat poison ...as we knew would happen. How can they be next to perfection with four losses and UGA is the 21-point favorite? UT has not played a defense as formidable as UGA. They slow the game and UGA offense scores the points. That is my game scenario.

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe the UT offense will be the biggest test our defense has faced to this point. I'm not sure how we counter that tempo defensively. I guess that's what the coaching staff get paid the big bucks for.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think UT will score more points than any other team has, on the dawgs. The key will be GA's running game. If we can run the ball and keep that express offense, of theirs, off the field, keep their defense gassed, it will be no problem.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All fair enough… except… Noting our pace is a little bogus. We have a tendency to significantly slow things down second half. I’d be interested to see (but not calculate) the difference between our first half tempo vs our second half tempo thus far.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

It was easy to make jokes about Tennessee during the off season and the first half of this season. They are no longer a joke. We need defensive pressure every snap and holding called when their linemen walk back to the huddle with the jerseys of our front four in their hands!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tennessee like Mizzou will load the box against UGA's running game.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nick Chubb with a monster game. He has his original speed back before his injury. Flat out ran two defenders in the secondary.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, there is a post on DN that allows comments.

• iamaugafaniamaugafan Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited November 2021

we will have to throw many times as UT will stack the box! JT will be more involved this game! IMO!

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What are the legal ways to slow down the hurry up? You can’t continue to fake injury, although I would expect UGA to do that once or twice.

• Eric_CEric_C Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

There were some really wild numbers in the UT vs UK box score...UK held the ball over 46 minutes and ran 99 plays (something like 3 times as many plays as UT). So UT's offense will be relatively fresh going against the Dawgs, but I'm curious how such exaggerated statistics like these might impact performance in the following week.