Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Sam Pittman suffered freak injury during UGA ‘Yessir’ video

SystemSystem Posts: 10,693 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageSam Pittman suffered freak injury during UGA ‘Yessir’ video

Weird football injuries are a popular topic this week after it was revealed that Florida’s quarterback missed Saturday’s game after being injured while practicing a dance move.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 204 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wonder which one of those was Jamaree Salyer

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA is a dangerous place; Cade Mays father lost a pinkey, and Pittman tore his bicep.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 180 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

That reminded me about an incident with an Atlanta Braves pitcher back in the '80s, I think. He was either a very good pitcher or a reliever, which was something of an anomaly with that team at the time, unfortunately. He and a couple of his teammates were walking down a city street (in Atlanta (I think), after eating at a local restaurant (I don't think alcohol was a factor here). As they were walking, he just decided to do a basketball leap and slap the side edge of an aluminum awning hanging over a business establishment along the way. When he did, a feature of the awning structure caught the ring on one of his fingers and all his weight damaged his pitching hand because for a few seconds he couldn't touch the sidewalk. His teammates had to get him down. I don't remember all the details (obviously), but his utility to the Braves was lost immediately and I don't think he was able to recover his former skill in the long run. I just remember thinking, what a total waste of talent that was, since the Braves back then already had to scrape the barrel to put together a winning team.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love this man! Was so happy to see Arkansas get the win Saturday night over MSU!

When we win our NC, would love to see him in the stands or on the sideline somehow!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

John Smoltz once burned hismself while ironing a shirt, wait for it, while wearing it.