Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Around the SEC: Alabama escapes LSU, Texas A&M knocks off Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 11,082 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageAround the SEC: Alabama escapes LSU, Texas A&M knocks off Auburn

ATHENS — LSU didn’t get the upset in Tuscaloosa, but the Tigers served a slice of humble pie to mighty Alabama last Saturday night before falling 20-14.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

T A&M looks formidable. Could...could...take the SEC West.

"Texas A&M, by virtue of its 41-38 win over Alabama in College Station, would win the tiebreak if the Aggies can close out their SEC schedule with wins at Ole Miss (7 p.m., Saturday) and at LSU (Nov. 27)."....M. Griffith

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

@UGA66...TAM could certainly do it. A&M would be a formidable opponent for us in the SEC Championship, but I think most people (including myself) would rather us get another shot at Bama and remove that darn mon*** off our backs. BUT, if Bama wins out, and we were to win over A&M, then there is a chance that Bama could still make the playoffs (depending on how the other teams perform). With Bama looking a bit wobbly, this is definitely a great year for us to play and beat them.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

If Bama wins out, we won't be playing A&M. I think this is what UGA66 was getting at in emphasizing "could" over "would" - that Griffith failed to mention that Bama would still need to lose a game for A&M's tie breaker to come into play.

But otherwise I agree. I'd like to see this team get a crack at Bama.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bama could certainly lose the Iron Bowl against Auburn this year and that would allow TAM to back-door into the SEC CG as the West champs by virtue of their win over the Tide. However, at that point, both teams would now have 2 conference losses and that would be enough (In my opinion) to keep Bama out of National Title consideration because they will both have 2 losses and no conference championship. Now if TAM were to somehow beat UGA in the SEC CG, then perhaps they would go to the playoffs as a 2 loss SEC champ and the Dawgs would/could go as a 1 loss runner-up. That would be Cincy's worst nightmare because then you throw in two of the three - Big Ten, Big 12 and PAC-12 champs and the Bearcats are nowhere in the picture. Even if UGA wins, the final four is likely the SEC, Big Ten, Big 12 and PAC-12 champs.