Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media wowed by James Cook, Georgia football manhandling of Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 10,681 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageSocial media wowed by James Cook, Georgia football manhandling of Tennessee

Georgia football picked up a 41-17 win over Tennessee on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m impressed with our coaching when about half of the opponent’s total yardage was on their 1st and last possessions. We pretty much controlled the remaining 54 minutes of the game. Go Dawgs and Great job coaches!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cook has grown from a check down receiver to a dynamic running back/receiver for UGA. Wow! What a game he had...game ball. My man Nick Chubb would be proud of him.

• Options
    OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

The answer to why the Dawgs won the game lies in the statistics. So, Vols ran 36 times for a net 55 yards, 1.52 YPC, were sacked 6 times and suffered 9 TFLs. 36 plus 6 plus 9 = 51 plays. That is never going to beat a good team, much a great team. Go Dawg Defense!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Zeus looked off-Did he have the flu as well?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

James Cook ( And our Dawgs) absolutely showed out !! James NFL stock had to have shot up as a result. If I could invest in the James Cook stock, I surely would !!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Lookie, lookie, lookie, here comes Cookie!!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The difference in Zeus and Cook is that for Cook the game seems to have slowed down and he has the vision to find an opening if the initial hole is plugged. Zeus seems to just want to hit it up in there as hard as he can go and hope something pops loose. Like trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole. I appreciate Zeus's hard nose attitude but he needs more patience and vision, not horsepower.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Every time I see him run, this comes to mind.

What would be cool is if network announcers could talk about him just once without mentioning his "big brother".

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I typically don't follow the injury reports, but considering the flu + every-other-play had a man down, I'll definitely be relieved if there were no serious injuries. I'm glad we have a couple of weaker opponents to give us some time to rest.

Overall, a great game with some minor concerns. Tennessee had our number early and we clearly weren't ready for their ultra-fast tempo (don't think I've seen a team play that fast). Tenn though doesn't have close to the depth that we have (especially with all their transfers), so there's no way that they could win and we'll have to make sure that when play Bama + hopefully playoffs that we will probably have to get more creative.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. I'm fine with Bennett starting and getting significant playing time, but there will come a time where we will need JT. The question is, will Smart put him in then before it's too late.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeh, it would be a travesty to fall behind BAMA and then ask JT to go miraculously win the game not having been playing to amount to anything. Some aspects of Kirby's coaching evolution are still evolving.

I said the whole time Justin Fields was here it appeared to me that Jake was his guy and he didn't give Fields much playing time that was meaningful (maybe) becasue he wanted to avoid a QB controvery. THis deal with JT almost has the same feel to it.

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dirty Dan don't make every tackle every play but he makes a lot, look for him when the plays over. It seems like he is always where the ball is, always. Go Dawgs!