Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning continues to earn praise from national media

SystemSystem Posts: 10,652 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning continues to earn praise from national media

Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning continues to earn praise for his performance.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 497 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

I don't want Dan Lanning to ever leave UGA, his defenses as he has have improved every year and the in game adjustments are coming sooner rather than at halftime. I know that's silly, just dreaming though. Hoping he at least stays here as long as CKS did at Alabama, his future as a head coach is getting nearer. GO Dawgz, looking for the defense to hang a moon on Charleston Southern and Ga. Tech. 😎

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

If Lanning is smart he will look at the path CKS took. Stayed in an elite program for extensive knowledge and seasoning, while winning NC's, before taking his dream job. Immediately set up for top tier program success. No other stepping stone needed.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lanning has been SUPERB as a defensive coach AND recruiter for the Dawgs. He is almost Erk Russell-like in his ability, drive, tenacity, and relationship with his players. Everyone respects him, he does a very good job, able to adjust as need be as the game progresses, and gets the best out of his players.

I definitely hope he stays a Dawg as long as he wants! Unfortunately, I think this may be his last season (or one of his last) at Georgia. He will probably be a head coach somewhere and definitely deserves to be considered for one.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tech is what worries me...not game outcome...injuries. I agree with Mike G. on this one...not worth the physical price UGA will likely have to pay. But it is what it is for now.

Lanning will receive an offer from somewhere soon....head coach. I don't believe he will consider a lateral move. For sure if/when UGA wins the Natty.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To a lesser defensive coordinator, having Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp on the same sideline could be intimidating. It’s easy to tell in-game this is 100% Lanning’s defense and that Kirby has complete faith in him.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lanning will make a great HC somewhere, I'd hate to see him go though. But you can't blame a person for providing a better life for themself, and those they love..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Watch for Muschamp to take over DC role, when Lanning leaves.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tech is so bad this year, I don't think the starters play more than to get a lead.

Are you talking about how bad the field is? That was my concern at Tennessee too!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would love to see Lanning stay but I believe he will land as HC at a solid program next year. Maybe VT - sure hope he stays longer. Great coach and recruiter.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is kirbys defense and these are kirbys players. Muschamp is in kirbys ear all game long. Kirby is the one directing traffic on D. Lanning would find it very difficult to coach D without Kirby, especially without Kirbys players. Lanning is essentially Kirbys waterboy. Should he leave, he will acquire generational wealth, but won’t have a long career as a HC.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate