Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Around the SEC: Florida Gators in hot water, Auburn collapses and loses quarterback

SystemSystem Posts: 10,652 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageAround the SEC: Florida Gators in hot water, Auburn collapses and loses quarterback

ATHENS — Coaches like to say that “A win is a win,” but that might not be the case for Florida coach Dan Mullen with his program under increased scrutiny.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Only you, Mike, would think that Grantham didn’t deserve to be fired.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cancel culture? Reel it in, Mike!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

Lets be fair to Daniel, he is an excellent recruiter as he showed that when nabbed Emory Jones while Jones had over a dozen major College offers from the like of Bama, Georgia, FSU, Miami, Ohio State and many more. He is a quarterback development guru just as he has done with Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott, Kyle Trask, Emory Jones and now, Anthony Richardson. He also swiped Brenton Cox from Georgia after Cox played a season at Georgia. Daniel continues to encroach the boarders of Georgia recruiting and leaves with elite talent.

Florida can not get rid of Danny, there is no one out there available with his proven track record and player development credentials. He has a .632 winning percentage in his 13 years as a head coach and a 34-14 record at Florida with a SEC championship appearance and even that don't tell how good Mullen is. His most impressive coaching coaching feat is propping up Urban Meyer at UTAH and at Florida. In 2003 while at Utah, Urban was the beneficiary of Danny's elite coaching prowess by being awarded National Coach of the year. At Florida, Urbans 2 national Championships were because of the works of one Daniel Mullen. I say all this to say, Florida would be making a huge mistake to get rid of Mullen. He is the best thing to happen to the university of Florida since the old ball coach. Without Dan, Meyer and Florida would have never won those 2 NC!

Let's go Daniel, Keep Gator hope alive!

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

With your obsession for JT and bias against Stetson, I am shocked that when mentioning the Dawgs unbeaten season you didn’t add, …and Georgia did it despite not playing the better QB!”

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Florida keeps Mullen. Kirby has only lost once to Mullen, and that includes Mullen's stint being the HC at Miss. State.

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

I agree 100%. I hope the gators keep Mullen. I realize the Dogs lost one to Mullen but that was because of us and had little to do with Mullen's coaching ability. The Dogs will beat you till you leave!