Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Xavier Truss emerges as Georgia football still searches for best offensive line combination

SystemSystem Posts: 10,652 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageXavier Truss emerges as Georgia football still searches for best offensive line combination

Georgia football offensive lineman Xavier Truss played a big role for Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Truss looked pretty good against UT. Keep it up young man!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In modern football, ever team needs two and sometimes three people at a position to play. I often wonder about kids who transfer out of the program - who's giving them advice. At UGA, 2-3 deep get solid playing time. The NFL doesn't need to see someone who plays every down - they need to see how you perform when you are in. Bennett was 4 deep at the start and now is about to play for the SEC championship.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really expected the Dawgs to have a little more dominant run game this year but I certainly will accept a SEC in exchange

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In terms of pure numbers, OL is the deepest room not just at UGA, but in the nation. You forget how many incredible athletes Georgia has recruited there until you look at the roster... man oh man, the OL should be fine for quite a while. Keep chopping, Truss. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw a good statistical breakdown of when Truss subbed in for Erikson. ... The short version is stick with Truss. But maybe it's because Erikson was sick.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great article, Connor.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brooks Austin said something about this in his youtube podcast from earlier this week...

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Which ever players that can best win the game. That’s the ticket. We are very Blessed to have such quality depth at UGA. Really at pretty much All positions. When you consider the terrible number of injuries many teams would have buckled and collapsed under the pressure. But the Dawgs have just kept bringing out quality guys one after another !! Big Kudos to Kirby and his staff for the Elite recruiting. And on top of that even more Kudos to Kirby and his staff for bringing in the right replacements as guys went down !! I sure hope that as many as possible can come back from injuries, shake off the rust as Safely possible and be able to play as close as possible to their ole selves. It will be Awesome to see this Dawgs team as close as possible to fully loaded !! I’m not gonna say no one can beat them if they can reload, but whatever team that faces the Dawgs will have a extremely steep hill to climb (Mt. Everest) to beat this team if they can get back close to 100% health and playing quality ( injured guys knocking off the rust). Will be an Awesome sight to see for Dawgs fans !!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Which bus do you play? Truss is a bus! 6'7" 315 lbs. Put that kind of size and physicality in at guard and things will happen....and they did against TN. Ericson had the flu. I suspect Ericson will be back at his old job now...? I am waiting for Tate Ratledge to return.....if he does this season. Another bus. Interesting how Truss related the nuances of the guard position..feet stance,head tilt, and pulling....his favorite move. Well spoken, humble young man...but fierce competitor.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Ericson might be less physical but more cerebral than Truss. The latter attribute is probably also why he's a heckuva center... and that versatility makes him so valuable to the OL. Heck, we have another 5-star center (Webb) scrapping to get any playing time, anywhere. Then you've got studs like Fairchild, Morris, Jones, Mims (to name only a few) knocking on the door, saying give me some of that! Yeah, that OL competition is mighty fierce. Go Dawgs!