Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett: ‘I just believe I’m the best guy out there’

2»

Comments

• Options
    LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

I too was a JTD spokesman at the start of the season, but after watching every snap of the 11 games played this year, I really do believe SB can lead us to wins vs bama and oh st. He has improved quite a bit from last year, but still has the occasional errant throws too. His ability to run the ball simply adds another way for our offense to attack defenses, which can only be a good thing for the team. I support CKS in all of his decisions whether I agree or not, cuz usually he's right nd I'm wrong in the end. lol

One thing for the JT supporters, it really is nice knowing that when we play the big boy teams and SB struggles to lead the offense to points, that UGA has the best insurance policy in the country in JTD! Think about it, if by chance SB struggles vs bama in the seccg then CKS can make the switch at QB and JT can come in and win the game for us!! In essence we cant lose the upcoming games due to bad QB play, unless they both play bad I guess. lol

Personally , I dont think either QB will have a problem leading the offense to points due to the improvement of the oline and getting all the receivers back and healthy when we needed them the most. With the number of weapons we have on offense we could literally rotate receivers just like the dline guys do to stay fresh on every snap, which would allow for us to beat them deep more also. WR-blaylock, burton, mcConkey, jackson, rosemy jack-saint, AD mitchell, Robinson,meeks, AND TE- bowers, washington, fitzpatrick, seither, PLUS RB- cook, white, milton, edwards... thats 16 targets the QB's will have throughout the game to throw too!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! lol

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

I believe Coach Smart knows what he is doing. It's fun to speculate, but it never replaces what you see happen week in and week out. I pray that the Dawgs will do well against the bammers. I'm sure the coach will see to it.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's great until he isn't. Looks like CKS has determined he's "the guy". Most everyone on here believes he can beat BAMA and all comers. I believe we're going to find out soon enough. I have said all along and I'm not backing down now that I thought JT was our best bet to run the table. However, I wasn't counting on injury to derail him. SB has done a fine job, no, better than fine, he's done a very good job at taking over the reins of this horse called UGA. He's done everything he's been asked to do. JUst keep the horse headed in the right direction , nice and steady

My only question that I posted last weeek was and was brought up by the SEC Network guys also, is what if UGA gets into a shootout with BAMA and our defense hasn't curtailed BAMA like we've done with other teams, can SB win a game where it's on him to be great? To throw it 35-40 times and be "the guy" in that situation say go 30-40 in passes with 400 yards and 4 TD's and no interceptions? That's my concern for a guy who CKS has only allowed him to throw it less than 20 times per game on average? I hope it doesn't come down to that.

BAMA beat the Hogs with little run game. Young had gobs of time to throw it when it counted. You cannot allow him time in the pocket and you have to be careful to keep him hemmed in. I believe our defense will play well. I just hope it doesn't come down to who has the best QB.

BAMA is alwasy the elephant in the room until we beat them. I don't care who the QB is, let's just get it done! Go DAWGS!

• Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll be devil's advocate here then. So how did JT perform against better defenses? Let's say, Clemson for instance? Did we beat Clemson with our explosive offense, behind the play of JT Daniels, who threw for over 400-yds and 5-TDs, or did we beat Clemson with our elite defense, despite our offense only putting up 10-points?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We beat Clemson because our defense shut them down completely. THeir defense was almost as impressive. THey harrassed JT and made him get rid of it quickly or risk a sack. He still completed 22 of 30 passes-74%. But as mentioned they were of the short variety. It was the 1st game of the year. We had several 1st game starters at receiver. Bowers, McConkey, Mitchell- all of them, green as gords. THey aren't green any more.

If Clemson had of lit it up offensively, we lose that game.

I hope we can shut down BAMA. WIthout a doubt our defense will be the best they will have faced. THeir defense isn't up to their usual standard this year. But we haven't faced a team with a duo like Young and their all SEC receiver. THey are special.

CKS plays a conservative blend of football, in the sense that he wants to get a good lead and then shut the offense down, so as to limit turnovers that could let a team back into the game. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a mindset. It's old school in a sense. One thing for sure if we get up on BAMA, we better keep adding on points and not go conservative(at least, too soon). That philoophy as we have seen in the past doesn't work well against the Tide.

Make no mistake, if BAMA get's up by a couple of scores we better have someone who can withstand the adversity and lead us back. SB is an emotional player, which has it's pluses and minuses. JT IMO seems more like that doctor you want performing a delicate surgery. Calm, cool, and collected.

Go Dawgs!.