Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Around the SEC: Alabama’s Nick Saban sounds off on fans, rivalry upsets brewing

SystemSystem Posts: 10,468 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageAround the SEC: Alabama’s Nick Saban sounds off on fans, rivalry upsets brewing

ATHENS — Alabama rolls into Auburn looking for its first win in Jordan-Hare Stadium since 2015, having dropped its most recent two road trips on The Plains.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

I suppose it would be the acme of foolishness to wonder who Pat Nix is?

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is always a plus when every team you play brings their best, iron sharpens iron never gets old. Bring the tenacity Go Dawgs.😎

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

It's probably from his middle name...

The article's not wrong. The Plainsmen/Eagle/Tigers are missing their starting QB Pat Nix.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I totally agree with Nick's "rant" and have been guilty myself of expecting most of our games against inferior SEC opponents to all be blowouts. He's just calling out the fan base, and there is nothing wrong with that.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone is on Mikes case, he probably was dozing off from post thanksgiving meals and simply just didn’t catch his mistake, he always proof reads his work. Am I right? Lol

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry, but Saban owes an apology to the students and supporters of Alabama. Painting the entire fan base as he did shows a lack of awareness. Those supporters, boosters, and students are the reason you are being paid as you are and are the ones providing the facilities you use. And to confuse the “sacrifices” his players make with the challenges many students go through just to attend college is completely tone deaf. Show me the player on his roster working two jobs just to pay tuition.

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh shut up, Nick. We’re tired of your little lectures.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@My_Dawg_Ryan I think this means I'm officially a veteran beat writer --- I covered Auburn when Pat Nix was the QB, haha!

Thanks for the catch!