Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football receiver George Pickens’ return on tap

SystemSystem Posts: 10,468 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football receiver George Pickens’ return on tap

Georgia football could get receiver Georgia Pickens back on the football field against Georgia Tech, a source with direct knowledge confirmed to DawgNation on Friday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let the aerobatics begin? Ga Tech? Non contact Jersey on Tuesday? I'm waitin'.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yea, he’ll dress out again tomorrow and might see reps against Bama. I’m not getting my hopes up for a Pickens return until it happens. I’d rather it be a pleasant surprise than a letdown.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would be AWESOME !!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Not to dismiss the outstanding work of Stets, getting Pickens back and the rest of the wide receiver room well on their way to 100%, JT returning to a starter’s role, or at least playing a prominent role in the game plan, may be close behind. While the wide receivers were operating at far less than full capacity due to injury, Stets’ ability to extend plays and get first downs with his legs was crucial. Now, getting the ball out to play makers accurately and on time will be the determining factor for who runs the offense.

All too often this season our offense has operated against stacked boxes daring the Dawgs to try to go over the top. It’s about time for our offense to dare the opposing defenses to stack the box!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I doubt if Griffith has any inside knowledge about anything. He just throws it out there. Kinda like Kennedy is still alive.

• Options
    leebonnerleebonner Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

I will never doubt your info ever again

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm glad they are being cautious with him, but hope he is truly ready for the SEC CG. It would be huge to have him back for that game. It's an added dimension that Alabama has to prepare for.

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yea…sure MG…..they are going to trot Pickens out there against Tech after being in a non contact jersey all week…..that’s not how it works pro.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have my doubts that we will ever see Pickens take the field again as a Georgia Bulldog.

If Pickens does play another college snap, I hope it is with JT as QB. As much as I like Bennett and believe he should be our starter at this point, Pickens and Bennett don’t compliment one another. My take is that Pickens excels with a QB who throws the sideline back shoulder pass well. For all his positives, Bennett does not do this well. Just my observation.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll believe it when I see it. Nuff said.