- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum
- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
NATIONAL CRAFT JERKY DAY
NATIONAL CRAFT JERKY DAY
National Craft Jerky Day, on November 27th, recognizes that craft jerky is the standard by which all other jerky is measured. It awakens the taste buds and ignites the opinions of jerky fans the world over. The day focuses on artisanal creators of this dehydrated, seasoned meat and snack extraordinaire.
There remain those who satisfy the world’s craving with original carnivorous creations in a world sedated by jerky marketing gimmicks. National Craft Jerky Day honors those who blaze their own path in the meat market.
For many, jerky making is a tradition. The meat regales the world with a story of family, dedication, love, and, simply put – hunger. The flavors recreate the stories from recipes passed down through generations, from hunters, farmers, families, and old friends. They come alive when casting spices and burning a slew of woods, unshackling the natural flavors locked in the dried meat. Quality meat and small batch production also beget unique, original recipes often influenced by regional fare and flair.
For the casual jerky fan, the magnitude of flavor you experience today will leave a lasting impression on your taste buds. And, it will alter your jerky preferences forever. For all those artisans passionate enough to take their traditions beyond family and friends, National Craft Jerky Day honors you and your dedication to the craft.
On November 27th, let us sink our ravenous teeth into the delicacy that is jerky. Savor the beef, pork, venison, bird, or buffalo. Delve into the meat manifestations of the modern jerky era, never to look back. Shine the spotlight on flavor, spice, sweetness, smoky, tender, on delectable jerky. And recognize the dedicated artisans who afford us such a pleasure.
- As you enjoy your favorite artisan fare, send a shout-out to those carrying out these family traditions.
- Feed the storytelling flames and order more of the artisanal best to send to family and friends. It’s another delicious way to shop small.
- Speaking of shopping small, add this carnivorous gift to your wish list for the holidays. This consumable gift will always fit and won’t become clutter in June.