Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Live Blog: Georgia looks to hit 12-0 mark for first time since 1980

SystemSystem Posts: 10,468 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageLive Blog: Georgia looks to hit 12-0 mark for first time since 1980

Live Blog: Georgia looks to his 12-0 mark for first time since 1980

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A win over Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl capped a perfect 12 game season, and a NC..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1980 was a big year for the Dawgs as Hershel Walker greatly helped in the 17-10 late win over Notre Dame. UGA's perfect season had already ended, with a 38-20 win over GA Tech.

I would like to see a 63-0 win over Tech today. Depends on what Kirby does with the 4th Quarter....if game is essentially over. He is likely to "run" out the clock.

Hope Jamaree Salyer not dressing is just because he is being held over for the Bama game?

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let's go dawgs

• Options

George is back

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

One dropped pass from offensive perfection in 1st quarter. So many weapons.

Go Dawgs!

• Options

Don't see how Bowers isn't going to get the award for being the best TE in college football.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs looking goooood on Both sides of the ball !!

• Options

Dr Pepper needs to bring back Larry....

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

And this is the starters. Outrushing UGA right now.

I'm sorry, this group of o-linemen, pushing around the d-line, is just unacceptable. If this was the 2 or 3's, would be more understandable.

Finish them.

#theheckwithtech (so it doesnt get blocked) lol

GO DAWGS!!!!!

Wow. After giving up a long drive, the offense goes 3 and out. Just unimpressive. A few good drives, but still stalled on 1 redzone possession, unable to run the ball again. That is not a good run blocking o-line combo. Erickson is the weak link. Truss needsto be in there. With 10X the talent (at least), they should be up more.

This short passing attack isn't going to work against Ala. They have the speed to close. And the deep ball doesn't seem to be on point right now.

Just hope now, Kirby doesnt shut it down on offense (by running 80% of the time) and playing softer on defense to speed the game up. There is still a lot of work to do on offense,to get ready for next week.

• Options

UGA was very good but total domination... first half? Bowers....Wow! He out ran the entire Tech defense. That guy is fast. Bennett still hurling the long balls.....he arches back and hurls the ball? I saw Kirby talking to him about that very thing. Let's see how JT does 2nd half. Stets will have to be better against Bama. I like Stets legs...he can boogie. That helps.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure what happened at 3:00 minutes in the half and we get the ball back and run twice in a row up the middle, then SB gets a ball batted down. Completely waisted possession and lack of imagination. Kind of stuff that makes you say ,"Why?" We can score at will when we commit to the pass. Otherwise just a businesslike approach.

• Options
    edited November 2021

Bennett and his bad deep ball throwing, got bailed out on 3rd down with a P.I. call. Probably shouldn't of been called. But will say this, that WILL NOT BE CALLED ON ALA. So getting a free 1st down, doesn't happen. UGA would of had to punt. Can't hope for 1st downs by penalties next week, have to get them.

Has anyone noticed, the cut-back run is very successful for GT. And failed on a TE coverage. AGAIN . Why does UGA have such a hard time with TE's? Not all the time, just always happens for a big play.

I know it doesn't matter today with average yards per play, but so far only 1-4 on 3rd downs. And this defense just looks slower than usual. Tech is getting outside more often then most. Could be just not focused, I hope. If it's the running of tech that is causing this, is not good. Showing Ala how to run against this defense. The starters, except JD99, is still playing on defense. They have only run 39 plays through 3 qtrs. I know 38 points, but they won't score that easily against the playoff teams.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any update on Jackson's rib injury?

• Options
  • Options

We’ve had backups in on Defense for some time now. But Kirby chewing on them as he’s not liking what he sees . That’s a good thing !

• Options
    edited November 2021

I saw that he was listed as out now, but when did he even get hurt?

I know this is going to be hard to do when averaging 10 yards per play, and when Edwards is averaging 13 ypc. But would love to see a td after a 12 play, 9 min drive after this next td. Lol. And a Tech punt. Just to end the game.

• Options

Kirby will likely play 1st team all next game!! Ok guys and gals, can Bennett handle Bama?

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well the way Bama is playing today, SB may be enough.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Really gotta love how Stetson was on pace to be 24/34, 71%, for 450+ yards and 7 TD’s; but he’s not good enough for some insufferable UGA fans. Ugh.