Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,431 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dude. Alabama did not "roll" in. That was a limp at best. "Hey, we beat an unranked Auburn, playing a banged up 2nd string QB, in 4OT."

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, looks more like a low tide heading out, not rolling in.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

The Dawgs are noticeably better on both sides of the ball. The last 2 games in particular for Bama have shown major weaknesses in their defense, and Auburn's performance today was a blueprint on how to stop their offense. Bama has looked pedestrian in several games against inferior opponents this year even with brilliant performances by Bryce Young. There has never been a better opportunity for the DAWGS to beat a Nick Saban Bama team.

0-3 against Bama should be all the motivation that any player needs to finish the drill and turn the Tide...on its head!!

DAWGS should take care of business and win by at least 2 touchdowns. Anything less than a convincing victory will be disappointing, and a loss will be a devastating mark against the Dawgs and Kirby.

Let the BIG DAWG EAT!! GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't wait to see the Dawgs D-line vs. the Bama O-line. If they don't protect better, it will be a long night for Young.

Should be a great game. It's SECCG week. GOOOODAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to admit that picture is hilarious. Auburn kept doing that. You just have to stay humble sometimes.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I felt so badly for Auburn. Saban generally finds a way to pull Bama out of a hole. Once they tied Auburn at the end of regular play...it was over...and it was.

Not so next weekend.....UGA will beat them by 3 scores...or more. UGA, as far as I can see...is a much more balanced team. Bama can eat all the "happy" meals they can hold...it won't make any difference. This is the year of the Dawg(s). Far superior on defense and potency of offense. Auburn let Bama pick them apart aerially at the end of the game. UGA cannot let this happen. Our DBs must be on their game! Saban is a wily old veteran of college football. He dissects. Smart has the upper hand and must take it to them early and often. I suspect Bama players will be a tad tired as well. Auburn fought them with all they had.

The Dawgs have got this one......GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Montana I’m Loving your comments Brother !! There is Only ONE single solitary thing This particular Bama team has on the Dawgs and that is the specter of the past. The psyche. THIS particular Bama team is not nearly as good as previous versions. Their just not. Conversely this Dawgs team is one of if not THE best in Kirby’s tenure thus far at UGA. I’m confident that Kirby and his staff and probably most of not all our players watched the game between Bama & Auburn. Kirby better than Anyone Knows what can happen if you let up vs Saban. Auburn is a rival and an enemy to me. BUT they played their hearts out vs Bama. Had their QB not got injured they might have won. But he couldn’t plant that injured foot properly to zip the ball in there as he had done earlier, Plus he couldn’t run. The Dawgs beat Auburn handily in their own house. It boils down to a mindset. If Kirby Smart Believes he can beat Saban and Bama AND has his players Believing they can beat them, then the Dawgs WILL win next Sat. And possibly by a pretty substantial score. ALL that Kirby and the Dawgs need to do is get past the psych, stay focused, play their A game, take care of business and chalk the W. All the previous years that Saban and Bama have beat the Dawgs are just that Previous !! Michigan showed clearly today that when a team Believes they can break the psyche chains that have had them bound !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, bama lost to a team that just got beat by a .500 team. LOL.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

@navydawg...Couldn't agree more. The mindset, focus, and psyche are the intangibles that can make or break the Dawgs or any team against a nemesis like Bama. But, I see the brotherhood and connection that the players feel for each other as having the upper hand this time. The focus and determination should definitely be there, and this year's Bama squad is definitely not an intimidating group. There should be no fear. We know we belong, but does Bama belong??

This Dawg team has been battling adversity and injuries all year and continues to show their resiliency. I'd be really surprised if the Dawgs lay an egg.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One, there were no Heisman moments for Young. When Auburn made him move he looked slightly better than average against a less than average defense. Like most every decent college passer, when he was allowed to stand in the pocket he delivered.

Two, a lot of commenters are calling for a blowout for the Dawgs next week. That is the way it must be! If it is close, the refs and Bama’s home office in Birmingham will make sure Bama wins to get two teams into the playoffs. Twice in Bama’s late comeback tonight Young was almost on the ground and he tossed the ball into open space with no Tide player in the same zip code. No flag. No loss of down. Not a peep out of Danielson nor his sidekick. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to learn that Stankey is in the ear piece of every official in Bama’s big games telling them what they can and can’t call. He is especially diligent now because he obviously felt he wouldn’t be needed against A&M so he took the night off.

Three, CBS is a joke and may well be involved in the SEC marching orders when it comes to Bama football. The entire broadcast crew must have been wearing Depends because they were wetting themselves in sheer terror that Bama was going to lose the game most of the fourth quarter. When it comes to homers, Munson would have been proud of the sheer ecstasy in their voices when Bama tied and then won the game.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can’t wait to see our Dawgs Roll a Big Dawg foot right up the Bama backside !! Go Dawgs !! Turn the Tide to a trickle !!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I look at the way Alabama played against Florida, Arkansas and Auburn (all common opponents) and I think "I can't wait to play this team. We should win easily". Then I think "Wait a minute. They still have Saban." That alone scares me. I hope Kirby emphasizes that point to our players. You can never take Bama lightly!!

• Options
    TheSouthernDawgTheSouthernDawg Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

I've been waiting for this game for a long long time. I want to see us go in and utterly humiliate this team. Total team dominance from start to finish. Don't let them score a point. Close the end zones. Sorry, those ain't open for business next Saturday. I think we stand a good chance of doing just that. I've never seen Saban field such an undisciplined team as this year's Bama team.

I am championing a new phrase for the Georgia faithful. We have GATA. I love GATA. But let's add another acronym to our Georgia lexicon, in honor of the epic Kirby Florida halftime rant.....BTB. Break these b_tches. That's what I want. Break that team right there on the field for the entire country to see.

I'm ready for Bama. Ticking down the seconds til the beatdown starts next Saturday.

GO DAWGS! GATA! BTB!

• Options
    TheSouthernDawgTheSouthernDawg Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

There will be no egg laying. This isn't UGA of years gone by where we get all hyped up and after the game wonder how the team could have melted down in epic fashion. Remember those days? So do I. It was a common occurrence under the old coaching staff. I don't ever want to re-live those experiences as I have enough of them to last me a lifetime. There are a lot of things to worry about this week, but us not showing up isn't one of them. This team has proved week in and week out that they have a laser like focus on one goal and Alabama stands in the way of it.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Surprised not to see the play calling of Bobo not called into question on the final Auburn drive in regulation. Why call any type of play where the runner had a chance to go out of bounds. Simply take a knee or run up the middle and force Bama to stop the clock. That type of clock mismanagement is really disappointing. Bama should have Horne the ball back with no time outs and 50 seconds left instead of nearly two minutes.

• Options
    edited November 2021

I can agree with that. But also, that was on Bigsby alone. The play was called because as it turned out, was almost good enough to get the 1st down, or at least closer to one. But Bigsby should of known to get down. RB's are taught that forever. Don't know if it was a lack of focus, or just self-centerness, but either way, that was all him. Considering that bama was selling out to stop the run up the middle, I thought getting the ball outside was a good option. Because if Bigsby picks up the 1st down, everything was mute after that.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

• Options

Uh, it has happened twice with this coaching staff. 2017, 2018 for example. Because what you only consider a better team losing, I also include a team that choked away a win. Because those 2 years, they melted down at the end.

I do agree though, this team sure seems to be more focused, but until it happens, I still worry. Besides, it's still Ala, the only guarantee there is, is that they will be ready.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Options

I also believe that the SEC really "needs" Ala to win. Because with a loss, they were probably going to be out. Now, not so sure. With OSU losing, OK losing again, all sets up for Ala getting in regardless. I may be wrong, but until their name is NOT called, I still believe they are in. Now if OSU and OK would have won, then I truly believe that Ala would of gotten enough calls to win the SECCG. Because remember, it's still all about the money. Two teams in the playoff is a whole bunch of conference money.

GO DAWGS!!!!!