Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett gets to rewrite his story against Alabama: ‘It seems like one of those 30 for 30s’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett gets to rewrite his story against Alabama: ‘It seems like one of those 30 for 30s’

Stetson Bennett has a big opportunity against Alabama

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I firmly believe that if Stetson led us to the NC game and threw for 300+ yards, ran for another 50, threw 4 TD’s while rushing for 1 to go along with an interception and led the Dawgs to victory, we would still have Dawgs fans **** about Kirby playing Bennett over Daniels. Stetson is a much improved qb this year because of Todd Monken. Stetson has always been a hard worker and gives it 100%. But now he has a coach who helped develop him and knows how to use his strengths to exploit opposing defenses which gives him the best opportunity to be successful.I hope Buster Faulkner is learning all that he can from Todd Monken because I don’t believe we will be able to retain Todd very long.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow. The 'Mailman' super-star train is certainly running full speed. Anybody want to chart the NFL draft and tell me where Stetson's going? Nope. Didn't think so. That would ruin the story. Let's hope Stetson can win it all (with a big assist from the UGA D). Will make a great ESPN special.

Meanwhile, one of the best QBs to ever set foot on UGA's campus rides the bench.

Next year? Maybe he heads back to USC, with Lincoln Riley, and lights it up.

And if both things happen, happy stories all around.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@navydawg out here laying it all on the line for the home team. My man is saying out loud to @DeppDogg what we’ve all been thinking the back half of the season. Love to see it.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thx !! I appreciate it !! Of course our Dawgs could lose. But I Sure wouldn’t want to them lose just so I could be right about something !! I don’t like coming on strong at folks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But my gosh the way @Depp paints it we’re fortunate our Dawgs have won only four games !! Like I said nothing wrong with honest criticism but gosh after every game ??!!?? If we lose with Stets there would have been just as good a possibility we could have lost with JT, with all due respect to him. Kirby and Monken have Their Reasons for playing Stets and I Sure don’t think it’s Just to snub JT !! It just might be that Stets fits Monken’s over all Offensive plan better. I honestly don’t know. All I Do know is Both Kirby and Monken have TONS of Experience coaching football, much more so than any fan on here !! I think it would behoove Dawgs fans to have a little Faith in the Head Coach and his staff !! There’s 12 Wins to show their doing something right !! Bama has a Loss and some very close shaves !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree 100%. To my eye JT seemed more impressive but there must be good reason Stetson plays. And 12-0 don’t lie. Dawgnation is usually a good place for discourse on the Dawgs; and we got some passionate folks here. But occasionally the cancers do creep in. They need to be treated, or cut out (hint hint moderators).

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This article lays out the reasons that Stetson has started and continues to start. Just because he made those mistakes against Alabama last year is no indicator of what he will do this year. If one evaluates Stetson and this team on what has transpired over the course of this season, he is a 5 star and his being 6 5 with a Stafford arm would make this season no more successful than it has been. I believe that we will win the National Championship with Stetson at the helm and if he gets hurt, I believe we will win the National Championship with JT.

GO DAWGS, CRUSH BAMA!!!!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DeppDogg

Does your moniker stand for "Destroy Every Piece of Prosperity"? Glad you are ONLY a Dogg. You are certainly NOT a DAWG!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he pulls off a NC there will be a movie made about it. Lot better than Rudy.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

People say defense wins championships, and that sometimes is very true, but it's really teams win championships. This team, team Georgia is on the cusp of not only winning a SEC Championship, but also a National Championship. UGA has a true team, yes the defense leads the way, but every part of UGA has done their part also to have gotten this far. If the team loose any games left on their schedule, it will because the team lost the game, not because one player will be at fault for that lost. I hope they play their best in the next few games left to play. It could be two, and it could be three, (if they make the playoffs, regardless if they win or Heaven Forbid they lose against Alabama yet again). Go Dawgs, I back you all the way!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DeppDogg You, sir, are just a troll. 😇