Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

‘Unsung heroes’: Georgia football tight ends to play pivotal role against Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
image‘Unsung heroes’: Georgia football tight ends to play pivotal role against Alabama

Georgia football will need a big day from its tight ends on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Watch Washington in this game. Alabama will be focused on Bowers, which will allow Washington to have 4-6 catches and a TD.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, the TE position has to be one of the most thankless positions in all College Football. OL guys are very frequently talked about and WRs get PLENTY of attention but the great TEs are rarely mentioned. It's been great seeing Bowers and Washington out there!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THis year in watching our games I sometimes just focus on the TE's on the replay after a big play by our backs whether on a run or a swing pass and out TE's block their you know whats off.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, Bowers will be double-teamed. He may shake a defender or two and break loose but Saban will cover him. Darnell and Fitz should have very good numbers. Saban will also cover the perimeters, forcing those over the middle plunges. This is easily remedied with quick check downs to Cook, et al, to keep it 3rd and short. Bennett himself can act as a back if need be. He is very fast for a QB. Also, I believe the OL will open up the box. Bama's D is not that great, allowing Cook, Zeus and other of the backs some running room. Saban will try and cover all the bases but his team is just not good enough to back up what he plans. Conversely, UGA is strong on both sides of the ball. They will execute their game plan. I don't believe Bama can hold the Dawgs....they are just not as skilled at player positions. I am not looking through rose-colored glasses either.

I do look for a wide score margin....UGA by double figures.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@UGA66 ,

I doubt Saban double teams Bowers because we have too many other weapons on the field. Double team a guy when no one else scares you. I doubt anyone on their roster can cover a healthy Burton and McConkey one on one all game. AD Mitchell is no joke, neither is JackSaint and the threat of Pickens makes doubling Bowers an insane strategy. Bennett spreads the ball around too much to focus on any single receiver. This is not 2019 or 2020 Bama but I hope you are right.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA will have to be focused and hungry in this game. Even though they are favored to win, they have to remember, they have won 12 games and 11 of them by double digits, they still must prove they are the better team by winning the game, not by almost winning, like Florida, LSU. Arkansas. and Auburn did against Alabama. Go Dawgs!, beat Bama!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Guys,

Since this article is about TEs, does anyone know if Arik is still in Athens? Dang, he really missed an opportunity this year at UGA with so many receivers injured. Wishing him the best and hope he one day stars for the Dawgs!