Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former UGA star offers insight on QB situation for playoffs

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageFormer UGA star offers insight on QB situation for playoffs

UGA had a bad all-around performance against Alabama, particularly with coaching and the defense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

When it comes to the quarterbacks I am sure the position gets evaluated like all others, but it is the most important position on the field. Kirby and his OC choose Daniels as the starter at the beginning on the season for a reason. Now why is it hard for them to put him back in that number one spot. I tell you why...Kirby is not being a coach that make difficult decisions without wanting to hurt feelings. It was easier to keep Bennett in that spot after JT injury because he was playing good than to switch. Which should have been the right thing once JT was healthy.

• Options

Would JT have made a difference... don't know considering how poorly the defense played. Didn't understand the defensive scheme. Maybe he should have gotten some advice from A&M, Arkansas, and Auburn DC.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think this an decision may have cost us this season🤬🤬 Kirby never even got JT reps during the season how can we expect him to into the playoffs with literally no live action and lead us to victory with no real reps with our 1s🤬🤬 Stets most likely will return next year because nobody’s drafting him in this draft I hope this doesn’t affect Brock or Gunner we need both of them

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why did the comments gets deleted on the Report Card article?

• Options
    bitterdawgbitterdawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

When I saw an A- for RB's and a B for the D line in the grades, I laughed. Secondary received a true grade (D+), I'll give him that. guess Mike graded on a curve with the rest of the team 😆

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good comments. But, who said UGA makes the playoffs? The only way the Committee could see it is that UGA be #3 to play #2 Michigan and get beat so Bama can play Michigan...Committee wants no part of UGA and Bama again. Foregone conclusion . But...I cannot see UGA in the top 4 or even 5. Personally, I do not care who leaves UGA coaching staff now...UGA is really not that good against elite talent. Coaching especially. All the work Monken, Lanning, others put in goes up in flames against Bama...every time. Smart is a good defensive coach and recruiter but it ends there. Keep paying him more millions...same result. I have backed Kirby all season...no longer. He had his day of reckoning and lost. Kirby is still old school. Bennett is a prime example of that. You could tell...Saban is head and shoulders a better head coach. Bennett needs to walk away. He is not a consumate college QB...I am saying not elite. NFL won't look his way. Limited skill set.

• Options

Georgia need to design plays where their receivers can get some separation. How about some crossing routes and slants. That's all Bama did the past four games we played them. Kirby hasn't figured that out yet. The defensive line looked like they was playing containment instead of pushing the line in rush mode.

• Options
    Countryboi706Countryboi706 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman
    edited December 2021

Any word on why Brini didn't play...was he injured?

• Options
    bitterdawgbitterdawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

The QB decision remains curious and profoundly disappointing. Indeed, we’ll never win a title without an elite QB and a complimentary offensive scheme. Yes, the defense is critically important, but without offensive firepower, defensive-minded teams stand little chance to beat skilled teams like Bama. I seriously question the coaching decision to proceed, even in the face of demonstrably poor play, with comparably inferior QB talent. Kirby chooses Fromm over other five star QBs in Justin Fields and Jacob Eason. Similarly, Kirby chooses Bennett over Daniels. Remaining with the feel-good but unheralded small town Georgia boy over the five star QB is so perplexing. UGA may recruit great talent at the QB position but it has proven, under Kirby’s direction, not to develop or even play that talent. Why?

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Once we started rushing 5 we got them off the field. Any less Bryce stood there directing his reivers. Took too long for UGA to make this adjustment. Might as well rush 10 instead of 4 if he is going to complete every pass anyway.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

How about we find a QB that can turn around and hand the ball to our RB's instead of throwing it 38 times?

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daniels didn’t lead us on a single TD drive against Clemson….NOT even 1 TD. He had 30 passing attempts for 135 yards, no TDs and 1 INT along with multiple sacks. Why the heck do some of you think he’s the savior? Just asking because that “quick release” doesn’t mean squat if you don’t produce. I hate this “loyalty” garbage being the reason Kirby doesn’t change QBs. I don’t buy into that story at all and I doubt seriously (based on previous games) that JT would have saved us last night. Also, I still think there is something going on with JT that we don’t have knowledge about. Why would you fly JT’s passing coach across the country to work with him 2 weeks ago before the UT game? Clearly that means something was amiss with his mechanics (possibly due to the injuries) to spend thousands of dollars bringing in a coach from California. The season is not over and I still believe we can go all the way, but we need to play with greater intensity from every position……not just QB. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Exactly right. This adjustment did not occur until mid-way through 3rd quarter. Auburn put all 4 DB's in man coverage and rushed 6-7 guys every play, through the ENTIRE GAME except for the last drive when Bama tied the game to put it in Over-time...And, Auburn was playing with a back-up QB with a bum ankle, only one decent running back, and a UGA transfer receiver