Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Numbers game: How Georgia compares to Michigan, national leaders and CFP teams

SystemSystem Posts: 10,550 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageNumbers game: How Georgia compares to Michigan, national leaders and CFP teams

ATHENS — Georgia and Michigan would appear to be two programs headed in opposite directors after their most recent outings, but a closer look reveals the teams are more similar than some might think.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SraVaughnSraVaughn Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Listen, I'm just an old lady who loves her Dawgs, but I see gloom and doom ahead for us. My son-in-law sent me the meme going around with JT behind bars with the headline "Free JT." I wrote back that "No, Kirby is going down with the Stetson ship." My family is stationed at the Air Force base in Germany which means the game is on at 1:30 am local time. I'll get up and watch the first half to see how bad we're going to lose. Then, go back to bed dreaming of next year's team. Either Kirby uses that good brain of his and figures out how to successfully use our QB talent, or it's "wash, rinse, repeat" until I'm in the grave.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully the fact that Georgia will be an angry team going into this game, that will be the intangilble difference leading to victory. as Nolan Smith put it "It's time to take what is ours!".

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Michigan and Georgia matchup pretty well. Both teams rely more heavily on the run game, have good defense, and operate with average to maybe a bit above average QBs.

Stats are for losers, so I don't pay attention to all the stat "noise". Wins and losses are what matters in the end. However, Alabama's offensive stats are miles better than any other team in the playoffs, and if I was a betting man I would pick the Tide to win it all again. Our defense is SUPPOSED to be as good as advertised. Yes, I do feel sorry for the Michigan offense, because I think the defense will be on a revenge tour and take it out on the Wolverines. I feel like the defensive momentum for this game is in our favor despite the fact that Michigan is peaking right now.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

I'll ask you the same question I've been asking (or, point I've been making) for a while now. Considering that in 2020, Daniels wasn't physically ready to play for several weeks after he was technically cleared, and we didn't hear about it until after the season ended, what makes you so sure that Smart has so thoroughly and inexplicably changed his mind about wanting Daniels to be the starter that he'd rather lose with Stetson than (at least try to) win with JT?

I mean, who knows, maybe he's just lost his mind on this. If he stays with Bennett out of some personal preference and it ends the same way it did the last two times, then I won't disagree with those who say it's baffling and inexcusable. But why just assume that the least sensible explanation is the correct one when there's an alternative that can't be ruled out at this point?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe stats are more comparitive than I thought they would be. BUt that said, supposedly we play in the best toughest Conference in football with the best athletes yada, yada, yada, we'll see if that rings true this New Years.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The "stat" that stands out to me is Red Zone Offense: Michigan is 7th.....UGA ...53rd! Stets and the OL are not measuring up. That reveals a lot in a game as we know. UGA has to do better if they expect to overcome Michigan. MI is very good in the Red Zone.

• Options
    SraVaughnSraVaughn Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I'm so new at this I haven't figured out how to reply to another person's post. So, I'll try this

@E_Roc I hear you, and I'll be the first to eat crow if it turns out that for some reason JT wasn't physically able to play and Kirby was shielding him somehow, possibly not to damage any pro scout looking at him. But, I'd have to ask, that if that were true, then why haven't I seen some evidence of Kirby developing the other QBs in a more concrete way than just a few downs here or there in games? Also, I'm an old lady, but I'm also an old high school teacher, and watching JT from the first game that he sat out until now, he's lost his spark and drive to such an extent, I'm not even sure he'd be an asset at this point. It's a pressure that I can't even imagine, on everybody from coaches to players to families. I'll never quit believing in and supporting my DAWGS. After all, the Braves just won the World Series - proof that I can't let my dreams die!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MI is/was a finalist for the Joe Moore Award (OL). It shows in their redzone success rate. Redzone success is UGA's Achille's heal. Too many 3's instead of 7's. Part of that on the OL, part on Monken play calling but most on 1 read and scramble SBIV. If JTD can't go for whatever reason now looking short sighted to not play BV at QB all year to see how good he would be now. Could've won all year with BV at QB and be in a better position to win now. Why did Griff stop including AL and Cinn players in the individual leader stat's?

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a fair question about not playing Vandagriff or Beck more. But the fact is, he could have put them in for the drives that Daniels did get, so I don't see that as evidence that Smart only wants to play Bennett.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Click on the quote option at the bottom of the comment and you'll be able to answer directly to the post. Welcome! And..GoDAWGS!