Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart explains offensive line, wide receiver and other positional hauls for 2022 Georgia class

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart explains offensive line, wide receiver and other positional hauls for 2022 Georgia class

Georgia football signed the No. 3 ranked recruiting class in the country. Kirby Smart explains how he feels about the class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Offensive Line recruits still concern me. We signed one 4-star and three 3-star OL. Maybe we'll get Earnest Greene (a 4-star) in January.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't worry about it because I my livelihood doesn't depend on it, plus the transfer portal makes recruiting less important (still extremely important though). We have several 5 star players sitting on the OL and several 3 star guys starting. Recruiting rankings are a guesstimate not a science.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was going to be tough to recruit OL this year with all the young 4-5* OL already in the program. I am glad of who UGA has. Next year will be easier to recruit OL. Sometimes I wonder whether a 3 -4* who stays 4-5 years is better than a 5* that leaves after 3 years? As for WR, UGA not throwing the ball like other O's does not generate the passing #'s that attract top rated wr's.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the DAWGS had a very fine recruiting class - especially in regards to the defense. Sure, you're going to get some lower ranked players. But, as we've seen recently some of those players will turn out better than expected. Others will require more development. Depth is the key and was obviously very important this season with all our injuries. As much as I dislike overuse of the portal, it does provide the ability to fill in gaps later on.

And speaking of later on, how we finish this season will probably affect how our 2022 recruiting class ends up in January, February and beyond from the portal. So, let's put recruiting on the back burner and concentrate on winning 2 more games.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Georgia staff recruits so well - it is not a surprise when these 3* go through the program and end up going high in the NFL draft! (Jordan Davis, Eric Stokes. Deandre Baker, etc). Throw in all the 4-5* and we will reload and do it all over again!

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Be thankful for any wideout willing to take a gamble on his career coming here. Hopefully we can get them the ball next year

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WR is the main concern and programs like Bama and Ohio State have had 3-4 higher ranked WRs EACH CLASS over the past couple of years. We need superstar WRs to pass to. The TEs are awesome, but you need to be able to go long.

• Options
    Jbayne1Jbayne1 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Uga has a very talented WR room. All of them have flashed with JT. They are completely taken out of the offense with stet.

Lindsey Scott played in the late 70s-early 80s. You cant compare the passing attempts, targets, or production to today. Way different game. Demaryius Thomas (rip) played on a tripple option team and avg 25ypc his senior year. Those are 2 terrible comparisons lol.

Until kirby realizes the game has changed and plays the better QBs, the WR will continue to under perform.