Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia’s football ops director resigns amid investigation

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia’s football ops director resigns amid investigation

Georgia football staffer Josh Lee resigned from his position.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A wise co-worker once told me "Don't get your honey where you get your money". There are many ambitious and unscrupulous individuals in the corporate business world who would love to clear the path to promotion. While any harassment is wrong. Harassing your subordinate is career suicide and the fastest ticket out of Dodge that is possible. This would be the definition of Not Smart. 

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

source #1  "persons familiar with the situation". Source # 2 "several individuals with knowledge of the proceedings". This is an unsubstantiated story at this point. Until facts are in evidence, and investigation has been completed, this should not be public knowledge, because guilt has been inferred, not documented, and may cause harm to those involved if not the actual truth. If case is true, claims legit,,, then let's have a discussion

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The allegations haven't been proven (to our knowledge), but the information in the story has been "substantiated," it's just that the writer is not identifying his source or sources by name. As a former reporter and editor, I know that often in stories like these, the very people who are declining to comment on the record, are the same people -- sometimes with that "direct knowledge" -- who are feeding information on background. It's public information because a state employee working at the state's flagship institution for and on behalf of its (extremely) high-profile football team has been accused of something that could turn out to be a criminal act.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big Mike !! Tell it Bro !! Preach On !! Most “News” today has become editorial opinions. Based on allot of he Said, she Said, they Said. Numerous people’s lives have been utterly Ruined by so called News ( of this day and age variety). I’m So Glad to see people starting to Sue and WIN in some cases. Though as an average American citizen it’s Extremely difficult to go up against mega media outlets and Win. But it Can be done. Look at that young man from KY that some of the Mega Media tried to smear Alleging that he mocked and belittled s Native American man during a protest. He’s already Won against one mega outlet in the estimated millions of $$$ . Now he’s very close to the finish line on another one. The legal experts say he’ll probably win that one to because a precedent was set. Good for him !! As you know it turned out in reverse about who was harassing who !! We can also think of Richard Jewel . All the $$$ would never pay for all the hell on earth that man went through. Lastly look at the man who holds the highest elected office in our govt. and the second highest. They both accused a young man of being a white supremacist terrorist !! He was found Not Guilty in a court of law, Even though the prosecution used some Very low ball techniques to try to get him convicted that made Them look like total Idiots !! He’s probably gonna get some serious $$$ to !! Bottom line we can ALL speculate with the Strong Proviso that it’s a Maybe on our Opinion. But until the Facts are All gathered, thoroughly reviewed and analyzed by Proper authority using Proper and Established and above all Legal protocols a person is Innocent of Any wrong doing Until those steps are taken. Other than that all we have is Opinion, Speculation, etc. People ( and that Sure includes Me) need to be very careful of assigning guilt to a person until all those steps I mentioned have been processed and a decision based on Facts can be made !! I can speak from my own personal life about being accused of something ( looong sea story but True) Then being Completely and Totally Cleared when all the Facts were gathered, reviwed, and a decision based on proper authority was made. In My case my Accusers WERE found to Be the guilty parties !! Thank You for your comments Brother !! Truth !!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good for clicks, I suppose. But I would rather you waited until facts are investigated and thoughtful conclusions reached…