Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football defense wants to ‘make a statement’ against Michigan

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football defense wants to ‘make a statement’ against Michigan

Georgia football's defense will look to play well against Michigan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our quickness will win out!! Michigan is going to feel the pain that remained after our poor performance against Alabama.

• Options
    SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beat Michigan for sure but save the statement for Alabama.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure that Michigan has played a defense like Georgia's this year during their run...Hopefully, the coaches will have a sound game plan and our defense will show the heart and physicality that it has shown throughout the regular season. Stop the run and get after the passer - that's the winning keys right there. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm like many others in thinking that the SECCG was going to be the statement game, especially after what Auburn did to Bama the week prior, and even moreso after all of the disappointment inflicted on the Dawgs by Saban and Co. We don't hear much about the absence of Adam Anderson and the effect that has on the pass rush, but he was technically the team sack leader. Is it possible that the Dawgs defense, the unit heralded as the best by the national media because of their depth and no-name evenly balanced roster, misses Anderson more than we know? I don't mean to be a doubter, it's just that I really felt it was going to be the Dawgs day in the SECCG...similar to when I felt Dawg Nation turn the corner in that huge win vs Tennessee in 2000 after the miserable late 80s/90s. In any case, I'm going to be pulling like he!! for the Dawgs vs Michigan, and hope the unity of this defense shines and makes true on these statements.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Michigan offensive line is one of the four finalists for the Joe Moore award. It should be an interesting matchup

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigMike Could be. I will say that Alabama’s O-line played over their heads in the SECCG. Bama fan friends of mine share my opinion on this. 🤣

• Options

Giving up 3 sacks and believing they handled Bama pass rush seems to be a pretty low standard.

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

I logged in to make the same comment about Adam Anderson. I believe that his quickness and speed would have made a world of difference in the SECCG.

• Options

UM offensive line won the Joe Moore award. Watching the two lines go against each other should be exciting.

• Options

@BigMike so the offensive line handled Bama’s pass rush. Want to address why this same line kept the dawgs 85 yards under their per game rushing total

• Options

So all of this was someone’s else’s fault, running backs not ready to play. Poor adjustments by the OC.

I am sure your knowledge of football far exceeds mine.