Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett, Todd Monken sound off on negative chatter around the Georgia quarterback

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SB didn't start scrambling this year or being able to complete passes like mid-season. This has always been who he is. IF you think SB has suddenly "developed" to be something he wasn't last season when he was told he would never start at UGA then I don't know what to say.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Folks, I love Stet, but just like Fromm he will never be a starting QB in the NFL. Can he win the big games against the best opponents? So far, the answer is no. Think Bo Nix. IMHO, I just don't know if he can win these next 2 games. I hope he plays the best games of his career Friday and hopefully on January 10th, but I'm not counting on it. I hope I'm wrong.

Against the best opponents - Bama last year and this season, along with Florida last season (remember, they won the SEC East), Stet threw a total of (6) interceptions. The facts are the facts. That kind of play won't win a Natty.

Call me negative, call me not a true fan. I call me a realist who, like many others, just question Stet's abilities when it comes to the biggest games against the best opponents. I'm ready to eat my words and proven wrong.

I hope Stet reads this and all the other comments. Maybe it fires him up. It should.

• Options
    edited December 2021

@BigMike...Daniels still was the winner. That's all that matters. Stet has been the losing QB in the (3) biggest and toughest games of his career. 0-3. Kinda like Kirby is 0-4 against Bama. Those are the only stats you need.

Michigan's McNamara is similar to Stet, but I'd say he's definitely won bigger games this season. We'll see who is better on Friday.

Also, as we all know in today's game of college football, defense is important but it won't necessarily win you Championships like in years before. You can't blame the biggest loss of the season simply on the defense. We were in the Red Zone at least 3 times in the 2nd half and DID NOT SCORE ONE POINT. You can't blame that on the defense.

And I'm not saying Daniels is our savior, but I'm not convinced Stet is. If Stet is really the best we've got then I'll be pleasantly surprised if we can win a National Championship over the next 2 weeks. I'm more than ready to be proven wrong. I will gladly eat my words.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are Big Mike and Bubba Bill the same person? Same talking points. Can't get past the Clemson game when he had a damaged quad muscle and all our receivers were green as gourds but if it works for you, so be it.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Nope, we are just a lot wiser than some of you experts who attend all the practices. I’m curious which of Bennett’s 3 losses over the past 2 seasons would have been wins if JT or Justin Fields were behind center. Well, Fields was totally destroyed by Bama….not even slightly close to the game Stetson played both times. In the Florida game Bennett had us up by 14 before dislocating his shoulder. Do you really think JT would have toughed-it-out and continued to play like SB did……Very, very doubtful. Also, try to name a game that JT won that Stetson wouldn’t have done better. Please don’t say Mississippi State last year because they were a losing team playing between the Hedges and Bennett would have had our running game moving light years better than JT did. Just sayin.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Spot on, rhbatch! This was so refreshing to read vs all the recent bashing back-and-forth, which is not only getting tiring, but increasingly disrespectful of a lot of fine, hard-working, talented (all of them; most would start at 95% of other NCAA teams) young men. Hard to see someone as a fan if they’re tearing apart so many members of the Bulldogs.

I’m going to do my part to reduce critical and/or unduly speculative posts until after we’ve actually played the game this Friday, but I do have one observation until then: if you consider about half the recent posts on this board, we’d have to accept that many of the coaches and players are liars, the senior leaders of the team are willing to collude to keep better players off the field to give advantage to their “favorites” (however that was determined), that the seasoned coaches see no more than the fans do, that those same coaches are willing to risk losing the CFP and damaging their careers (and reputation/compensation) because they’re so hard-headed, and/or that, in the case of QB, Georgia has a shackled an alternative that could do what SBIV, Murray, Fromm, Fields, etc. could not do… beat Bama.

I don’t want to be part of that narrative. First and foremost because it’s not only highly speculative, but it’s patently illogical. More importantly, it is beyond disrespectful to a group of people who are all massively competent and deserve the grace and confidence of their fan base.

I hope all of you have a great week following the scene up to the game, enjoy the heck out of (hopefully) watching a hard fought UGA victory, and get the opportunity on New Year’s Day to get on this board and applaud all the Dawgs who made a difference on New Year’s Eve.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

FYI…..I think Daniels is 13-6 as a starter with the vast majority of his wins against losing teams. Bennett is close to 17-3 with 2 losses to the #1 team in the country and another against the SEC East champion that he would have easily won if he hadn’t injured his shoulder. BUT, JT has more stars and SB is a mere walk-on.

• Options

@BubbaBill....Daniels has the better record against the toughest opponents. But in either case, neither QB will probably be playing on Sundays. Again, I was never sold on all the Daniels hype. I needed to see more and so far I haven't seen much of anything.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with this statement 100%! Play angry and aggressive and give the QB the chance to make plays!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The transfer portal will tell the truth after the season. If Beck and Daniels leave then there is your answer.....

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Win or lose, I am all in for Stetson Bennett. There is no doubt in my mind he gives the Dawgs the best chance to win the Natty. Will they? I don’t know. However, again, I fully believe, as far as quarterbacks we have in our room, Bennett is our best choice for starter.

• Options
    TNDawg81TNDawg81 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Start Stetson…no problem. But if the wheels come off at some point, make a change rather than be stubborn and refuse to think there might be an alternative standing on the sideline.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

No NC with Bennett.