Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia has been practicing to beat Michigan all year, they just didn’t know it

2»

Comments

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

FIX YOUR SITE, GUYS!!!!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some folks just would rather post silly comments than read what they are criticizing. I believe every single one of my posts in this thread had to do with Daniels getting no playing time after losing the starting job in contrast to how he was pulled in every blowout when he was the starter. When I did mention yards in a game it was in reference to saying that 300+ yards was impressive and even gave that same credit to Bennett.

And only one quarterback on our current team has lost to Alabama twice did not look great in either and played the full game both times.

• Options

Not sure where you gleaned that I “clearly” knew about JT’s injury. Every post has mentioned him getting no playing time in blowouts.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

That “only” QB on our team who didn’t look great against Bama played light years better last year than Justin Fields against that same Bama team. Also, you experts who keep saying that Bennett is 0-2 vs #1 Bama fail to mention in the only games JT has played against teams with winning records (ranked #19 and #9) he was 2-0, BUT, he would be 0-2 if Pod hadn’t hit a Peach Bowl record FG and our defense didn’t score on a pick6 against Clemson. In your fantasy world, JT would have scored 1400% more points than he had against #19 Clemson and miraculously defeat #1 Bama 42-41. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    edited December 2021

Justin Fields? What? He was in for,like, 2 plays against Alabama. And if you look, I actually did say anytime you get 300+ yards it is impressive. regardless of QB name.

I'm not quite sure what your issue is because you really seem to have this strange infatuation with trashing Daniels and lauding Bennett. I did not trash Bennett nor did I sing Daniels’ praises. I did, however, question the rotation of QBs in a blowout.

I really could not care less about your thoughts since you seem to have this “selective reading” that you have accused me of. If I did care, perhaps you could enlighten me with your thoughts on why Bennett plays every snap in a blowout win and the number 2 QB doesn’t touch the field. Heck, I’ll even go with the premise that Daniels is hurt and can’t so, if that was the case, why doesn’t Beck see the field? Or even Vandagriff?

I can think of no other situation with UGA where that has been the case. No other QB we have had has done that, that I recall. Maybe he has but I don’t recall.

And again, it was Daniels’ drive that gave Podlesney the opportunity to kick that record breaking field goal. It certainly wasn’t the running game. He ran 8 plays for 44 yards in under a minute and a half under incredible pressure. And despite what you seem to believe, Cincinnati was not a cupcake, unlike our regular season this year. Neither was/is clem(p)son.

And LOL-ing your own posts is sad.

• Options
    edited December 2021

Ooooops, sorry pal, I forgot Justin Fields lost 2 games vs Bama. Last year when he didn’t play even slightly as good as Bennett and then years before in the SEC CG when he totally choked the fake punt that would have worked. That one cost us the game and the playoffs, but it’s history. My angst is with the clowns who constantly tear down Bennett with totally ridiculous claims. Example: you and your fellow Bennett Bashers will say incessantly that Stetson ONLY scored 24 points each year against #1 ranked Bama teams, but fail to mention your boy only scored 22 points against #9 Cincinnati and 3 points against #19 Clemson. Hmmmmm

• Options

I would tag this as "Off Topic" because nothing you said about my posts was remotely true.

Also, Justin Fields did not play 2 games against Alabama. He played 2 PLAYS against Alabama. The quarterback prior to Daniels that played Alabama was Jake Fromm who had it won till a breakdown by the defense AFTER Alabama made a change to QB, which has been my entire argument.

I did NOT bash Bennet about total points or anything else. What I said was, Daniels needed playing time in blowouts.

Reading is Fundamental.

• Options
    edited December 2021

Sorry Pal about your short term memory issues. This year (January ‘21) your buddy Justin Fields threw for 1 TD and less than 190 yards passing hitting only 50% of his passes. He ONLY scored 24 points against the same Bama team that Bennett scored 24 against. Only difference is Bennet lost 41-24 and Fields lost 52-24…….Now you know.

• Options
    edited December 2021

What the heck are you talking about? How in the world did you get the idea that I was a fan of justin fields? I am only talking about the University of Georgia and I have never, EVER said anything positive about justin fields. Every post I have ever made in regards to him backs that up. He lied about the University of Georgia, quit the team and went elsewhere. He means nothing to me and never has. You brought him into this and my reply was in regards to his playing time at the University of Georgia against Alabama and ONLY the University of Georgia. My comments about him were also not positive comments. This is not an ohio state forum.

I have grown tired of this nonsense and your buffoonery. All I have said is what you never addressed: Why did we not see backups in blowouts? It made no sense then and does not now. It was that simple but you felt the need to trash one of our players, that being JT Daniels, and call other posters names.

I will not be replying further so go ahead, claim victory and feel good about yourself with your next inane post, which I am certain will follow shortly. And, as much as I'm sure you could use one, we are not now nor will we ever be "pals".

• Options

Good advice Big Mike…..it was like I was speaking to a brick wall. Go Dawgs and Happy New Year!!!