Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If 4* Trevor Trout is such a big wrestling fan, couldn't we get Goldberg to make a call for us? Is that type of contact allowed?

• donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgbybirth said:
    Kirby mentioned some freshman happy some disappointed, their going to be transfers in this competition driven team mentality, so spots that we didn'the know will open up.
    Sure we are always upfront with all recruits and their status. What might be a bad luck, could have been a honest conversation upfront to a scenerio where a kid does not find a spot or a honest converstion Toneil Carter on the backside.
    Toneil Carter best interests was served scoring TD at Texas vs not playing as the 6th man out at Georgia.
    Never for blindsiding a recruit which I agree with many of you. Not who we want to be as a program, that catchs up with you.

@greshamdisco said:
    If 4* Trevor Trout is such a big wrestling fan, couldn't we get Goldberg to make a call for us? Is that type of contact allowed?

I'm sure you could contact BG and arrange it. Not sure if it's ok for coaches to do it. I think coach khaki up north has famous people meet kids all the time. Maybe at an OV ? Get BG to drop by and say hey or demonstrate a neck crank?

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2017

@Polynikes said:
    I think Adam Anderson is a future superstar.

I can't agree more. He is going to be incredibly disruptive force that stops the running QB n teams will need as special plan against. Holding my Georgia breath that he is Dwag.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd LOVE for Anderson to hop on board next. @tiger_62082 @SnoopDawg @JeffSentell I haven't heard the podcast for today yet, but is there any reason to worry about Cheney's visit to USCjr?

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OMIT last comment. Just heard @JeffSentell and feel much better!

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big Committ from AA, now who we got next in line ?

I am leaning toward a 2019, defensive prospect. Not on narrowed down, but a lot have been trending our way lately.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

@tiger_62082 said:
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get some commitments after the Florida game. Many Recruits - like fans - view this game as a barometer for Georgia. Win and the culture change is real. This especially true given the Gators are vulnerable, to say the least, this year. A win in Jacksonville could open the floodgates of public commitments for UGA. Just my .02.

What if we (gasp) lose? What would that say? Would that negate the obvious improvements we've made?

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@Denmen185 said:

@donm said:

@tiger_62082 said:
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get some commitments after the Florida game. Many Recruits - like fans - view this game as a barometer for Georgia. Win and the culture change is real. This especially true given the Gators are vulnerable, to say the least, this year. A win in Jacksonville could open the floodgates of public commitments for UGA. Just my .02.

What if we (gasp) lose? What would that say? Would that negate the obvious improvements we've made?

Barring a complete collapse we obviously end this season with an improved record over last year. I am sure the narrative would be dampened but Kirby will point to the improvement and the need to take the next step which will be attractive to recruits. I firmly believe that UF can't win this game but UGA could lose it (but won't). The exact narrative will depend on the reason for the loss. For instance on offense we have 72.5% blue chips but an inexperienced O line which will improve greatly next year. On defense we have 78% BC on the front 7 but only 35.7% in the secondary. If there is an upset it will likely be due to turnovers or a breakdown in the secondary. If it's the latter Kirby will use the need to upgrade the talent at DB which I am sure that he is already pushing as a key to 2018/9.
    Bottom line I think we wrap up the East 11/4 and can book our hotel for Atlanta.

Great post! I also don't foresee us losing. With that being said, rivalry games are the great unknown. Just pontificating abot how the spin could play out publicly

I honestly believe we will try our best to “make them quit and break their will” by running it for close to 500 yards.

We will dominate on the lines.

They are going to try trick play after trick play, but as long as we don’t let them behind us they don’t stand a chance.

Ff has 3 tds and 3 ints and 14 sacks against weaker opponents.

They can’t run on us!

After the big commitment from Cook and the big WIN in Jacksonville, GA, who is next to committ ?

I'm going 2019 defense with either with Papoe or Goede

2019 defense, just not to right guess on position.

Big commit.

Who's next ?

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell article today says UGA not pursuing Tyreke very hard and he has UGA as Campbell's leader. This leads me to believe that Campbell plus another top CB are looking good. Ford visiting Saturday

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I saw last night that Trout did drop his top 5 Dawgs are still in it. Could get interesting going down the stretch.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

@tiger_62082 said:

@Denmen185 said:
    @JeffSentell article today says UGA not pursuing Tyreke very hard and he has UGA as Campbell's leader. This leads me to believe that Campbell plus another top CB are looking good. Ford visiting Saturday

Barmore dropped his top five last night as well. Can't identify them because it's behind a firewall

247 Profile shows top 4 as warm. Bama, UGA, UF and Maryland. Temple shows 5th as cool.

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@tiger_62082 said:

@Denmen185 said:

Barmore dropped his top five last night as well. Can't identify them because it's behind a firewall

UGA, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Maryland.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

whose Barmore?

ty sir @tiger_62082

• HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 545 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@cf_ugaman said:
    whose Barmore?

Where ya been Homie? Late to the game DL. Dudes been blowing up the recruiting hotline in Philly. Ties to Webb and Swift, so that helps. But, just starting his search.

haha yea @HerschelismyHero been out of touch on the recruiting front. Even tho was able to get some interesting quotes out of Jeff on saturday, this is the worst uga team we will see for the next 4 years, and our CB board is looking good... see recent commitment :)

@Palm_City_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@georgiaboy said:

Oh no... @Unconquered or @ThirdBase is gonna come out of the woodwork! :smiley:

lol. What did they do to get banned?

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@Palm_City_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@georgiaboy said:

Oh no... @Unconquered or @ThirdBase is gonna come out of the woodwork! :smiley:

lol. What did they do to get banned?

They (he) were very combative with members, and tried to start trouble by inferring that people on this site were posting "pay site" information for free, thus "stealing" the info and illegally distributing it.

edited October 2017

If we land Ford, do we keep Fitz?

With the thought that Goede will most likely be coming 2019.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

Yup...!

@Palm_City_Dawg said:

@bmauldin said:

Yup...!

Is Fitz that good? Haven’t watched tape on him.

• NIKEAIR2014NIKEAIR2014 Posts: 237 ✭✭✭ Junior

Should we be worried that clemson insiders are saying that Salyer said that he wants to play with Cade mays @JeffSentell

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@NIKEAIR2014 said:
    Should we be worried that clemson insiders are saying that Salyer said that he wants to play with Cade mays @JeffSentell

I'm not too worried. These kids talk about playing together a bunch but it doesn't always go down like that. I can't imagine he wants to play with Cade Mays any more than Andrew Thomas

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@NIKEAIR2014 said:

I really don't think Jamaree wants to play at Tennessee right now :D Unless... you're stating that Cade Mays wants to come to Georgia? :#