Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Father of Stetson Bennett shares what might be next for Georgia’s national championship QB

SystemSystem Posts: 10,476 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageFather of Stetson Bennett shares what might be next for Georgia’s national championship QB

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry is about the latest regarding the upcoming decision to be made by national championship QB Stetson Bennett IV.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article JS , Ihad just made a comment 15-20 minutes ago about the tears were tears of relief and not so much as joy, but theygo hand in hand. THe pressure was off him when the interception occurred.

• Options

I doubt seriously SB was reading these posts and especially the comments, but more than likely Twitter world and the talking heads and why he gave up his smart phone .

• Options

SB talked a good game about not putting pressure on himself and he wasn't the savior, etc.. but we now know how much everything was weighing on him. When he said I wasn't going to be the reason we lost this game, it shows he was already processing that very thing in his mind.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice article, but the headline is misleading. Makes it seem like he's giving some insight into what his son is planning on doing. Everyone already knew he was going to think about it and let the world know some other time.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great article. I, as part of the silent majority, want Stetson to come back. I think he wants to. Kirby has sent out the message since he's been at UGA, you must compete and earn the job. So Stetson should stay, compete, and see what happens. I would be fine if he beats out the other QBs. I think he wants to compete, it's in his DNA and if he can't out perform the other QBs then he would be a great backup and offensive contributor. Injuries happen, starters don't perform as expected, etc. He will be right there, waiting to fill the job if that happens and if it doesn't, what a mentor and player/coach he could be on the sidelines. Monken and Stetson could really coach-up the starter, if that's what worked out. I only worry that role of mentor and player/coach wouldn't be enough for him, because he loves to play the game so much. I want him to come back, but if he decides otherwise, I will respect it, root for him, and only have great memories of his time at UGA.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The split on QB was long and hard on him. He will have to determine his future with UGA. He told GMAC in an interview he wanted to play more football but did not know where?

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jeff,

Was "gamefule employment" a boo boo or a great "tongue in cheek"?

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby is responsible for a lot of the criticism Stetson got from the fans because the fans did not feel Kirby was candid about the QB situtio. I am not convinced Stetson is better that Daniels and I suspect Monken felt that way too.

• Options
    edited January 2022

Well, the word is that Monken may be headed back to the NFL, so there will be some transition pains on offense if that happens, but Kirby has proven that he hires top quality people, so I'm not too worried.

• Options
    edited January 2022

My point exactly. Stetson is UGA all the way. You (meaning the program) can only benefit from a person like Stetson. It would be hard for me to see him in another uniform.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Most if not all UGA fans love SBIV. Even before Monday night. Many just didn't think he could outplay Bryce Young and beat AL based on his previous 2 attempts. And they might have been right. Something happened that broke the UGA curse. Maybe some of the Braves magic spilled over? IF SBIV does not fall on his own fumble on his 1st run or he loses his bobbled snap under center at the 1 yard line this game could have ended very differently. But the game killing demons were averted, UGA hung in until the 4th Q then UGA/SBIV made plays and the young AL DB/WR's didn't. Game over. 

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

Thank you for sharing this. I'd be lying if I said I was always 100% behind Stetson starting, or if I said I never doubted he'd lead the Dawgs to a national championship, but he won me over with the Arkansas game last year, and I've always believed in his football acumen and leadership. I can't imagine the pressure players go through today, and the tears are understandable to say the least. I was in tears watching those final moments as well for him, and for all of Dawg Nation. I hope Stetson is considering coming back at least. It has been a great joy to watch him play and lead this team.

• Options
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I really love Stet as a Dawg. He’s from a rural area in Ga. much like where I’m from. I Wanted him to win. But I must confess I had the Go With Stet but IF he can’t get it done give JT a try theme. After Stet became the solid starter I was Always fine with that. But I held on to the insurance policy of Well IF he can’t get it done let’s at least try JT. I was Totally Wrong !! Way to go Stetson !! You ARE The Man as far as I’m concerned !! As long as Kirby is good with you I’M good with you Period from here on !!

• Options