Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia cornerback Jalen Kimber commits to rival Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia cornerback Jalen Kimber commits to rival Florida

ATHENS — Former Georgia cornerback Jalen Kimber has committed to play the 2022 season at Florida after spending three days in the NCAA transfer portal following the Bulldogs’ 2021 CFP Championship season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Boy, that is a kick in the teeth and makes absolutely no sense. Wish him well but not sure I follow that logic

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can find the logic either but that is his choice.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Head scratcher on this one, but wish you the best young man. Go chase your dreams.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I’m about 99% certain that Kimber knew he was headed to Florida before entering the portal. It was all about Raymond. Dang, that sounds like a movie title. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Appeared to be a high-character kid, but I guess the influx of elite CBs into the program recently scared him off? Only thing I can think of.

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

Boosters should try to buy out Corey Raymonds contract if Jahmile Addae decides to move on. 🤣

• Options
    BkDawgBkDawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

He literally could’ve been a starter next yr but good luck against everyone but the dawgs

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, lose to UGA this next season and you are back to square one...Kimber.

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Definitely a head scratcher.  He has 4 years of eligibility, one of the fastest on the team, great size, sticky coverage, and Kendrick has declared for the NFL.  He would have been almost a lock to be a starter at corner opposite Ringo, or at the least starter at Star position.  Maybe, he has a poor relationship with the DB coach, or just personal reasons for leaving..  Wish him well, except when playing the Dawgs.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he wasn't committed to the G then good riddance.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I keep reading all these well wishes for kids who are leaving our program to go elsewhere and I just don’t get it. I hope Kimber never wins another game and he gets burned for 30 touchdowns next year. The University of Georgia gave him an opportunity, to which he committed. He isn’t projected to ride the bench and the coach speaks highly of him. On the surface it makes no sense at all so unless he is about to be kicked off the team or out of school, this just makes me angry.

I hate florida and I never want anything positive for that football team or any of its players.