Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Decision: What will elite Georgia edge rusher Nolan Smith decide for 2022?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageThe Decision: What will elite Georgia edge rusher Nolan Smith decide for 2022?

ATHENS — Nolan Smith pledged the Georgia defense would “finish the job” on Alabama in the days leading up to the CFP Championship Game, and Smith and Bulldogs did just that with their 33-18 win last Monday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gonna be a whole different look this year. Nolan is needed. Weighing his options.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would be nice to have all the remaining guys back to defend the Championship. Regardless I expect CKS to mine a few gems from the TP. Expect to see experienced CB and DL transfer in.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Please stay for another Natty, and boost your draft stock from middle to first round. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd be surprised if Beal or Poole left. They're both starting to grow into their roles and I think would really benefit from an additional year to round out. Of course, I thought Cine might use another year to grow a little more into his frame, and he's off to the draft. 

Is 6'3" 235 accurate for Smith? I thought he was a little smaller than that. Might be the proximity to JD throwing off my perspective haha. 

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I too hope he comes back! Would be great news for the Dawg Nation. But, whatever he decides to do, I certainly wish him the very best!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

I hope smith stays. We need someone to take over the leadership role that dean is taking to the nfl.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Smith stays, but who knows. And if they're listing coaches, too, Dan Lanning needs to be on this list. But I'm curious as to why Darnell Washington, Arian Smith and Jermaine Burton are in the "unsure to return" list. Is there some belief that they might transfer?

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nolan needs to stay. I agree with E_Roc......I think Nolan is a lot smaller than listed. He can continue to get better and hope to improve draft status.

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Nolan stays and becomes top pick next year.

Lewis Cine should be a first round pick, total package of length speed toughness and smarts. Better than most safeties in the league