Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football way-too-early 2022 offensive depth chart predicitions

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football way-too-early 2022 offensive depth chart predicitions

Georgia football now has a better idea of what its depth chart will look like entering the 2022 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Everyone is missing the main issue - who's going to take Jordan Davis's spot. We don't have that player. We have solid coverage at every position except defensive nose tackle. Is Big Bear too young to fill that role. We had lots of super stars, and it takes that to win, but without Davis, you don't win that game.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kconnorriley Thanks for breaking it down. Informative article. Go Dawgs!

• Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great info, thanks!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I still wish I knew what the status of Gilbert was. Very strange situation.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

That’s Mitchell in the pic…not Ringo.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

To all the JT lovers/Bennett detractors: We read all year that the Dawgs wouldn’t win a natty with Bennett. Kirby doesn’t have a clue about QB talent. JT is elite in every way a QB can be elite. That JT is a first round pick and most probably #1.

Here’s my question: if all the DN armchair QB experts (and Mike Griffith) were correct, why is JT not even a blip on the transfer portal radar? 247 transfer portal rankings has him as a three star and not even in the top 100 of all the players who have entered the portal in 2022. He doesn’t even crack the top ten of QBs to enter the portal in 2022. He is tied with Plumlee, who didn’t even play QB this year, for eleventh.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree! Jacksaint is going to see the field a lot! The block he made to get Bowers into the end zone in the NCG was a thing of beauty and is exactly what Kirby is looking for in his WRs when they are not being targeted.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Need all the wr's to be healthy and AGilbert to come back. Would like to see more of McConkey in the slot. That's what he was recruited to play. WEricson is a great utility piece at backup G/C. With the talent on the UGA OL I see a bigger player supplanting Ericson at starting G. Maybe move McClendon to RG and play Mims at RT. Mims might be satisfied with a growth year similar to what BJones did this year.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

2022 will be an interesting season...so many changes to the teams that are on our schedule. New coaches, new players...heck, just look at the NEW QB room for some of our opponents:

Jack Miller (OSU transfer) - Florida

Zach Calzada (Texas A&M transfer) or Holden Geriner - Auburn

Spencer Rattler (Okla. transfer) - South Carolina

Brady Cook - Missouri

Bo Nix (Auburn transfer) - Oregon

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man Clay Webb is just an after thought now, how the mighty have fallen!

• natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

I too have been curious why he hasn't gained traction. Hope he is well mentally and physically and maybe just fell out of love with football following his freshman year. He apparently was strong and athletic coming out of HS, I wonder if they'd move him to d-line to help with the attrition from last year's team.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We won’t repeat this past seasons defense but we will have a very strong defense. A whole lot of studs are gone but that’s one of the reason why Kirby plays so many guys.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

Arik Gilbert is a key. If he plays and is fully invested, our receiving core may be stronger.

Branson Robinson, if you have not seen this young man play, you are going to be shocked. He will make a Freshman impact much like Brock Bowers did. The backfield is going to be much improved this year.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Branson Robinson is Nick Chubb on steroids.

There is no replacing Jordan Davis. The most unique defensive lineman to come along since William "Refrigerator" Perry. In fact Davis is faster and more physical than The Fridge was, IMO.

If JT Daniels was as good as his cheering section claimed him to be, Dan Lanning would have plucked him off the transfer wire...day 1. I hope he is healthy enough, mentally and physically, play again some day. I feel bad for him. Life threw him more than his fair share of curve balls.