Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia offensive line coach Matt Luke reportedly steps down

SystemSystem Posts: 10,420 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia offensive line coach Matt Luke reportedly steps down

Georgia offensive line coach Matt Luke is stepping down from his position at Georgia, serving as the offensive line coach for the past two seasons. The news of Luke’s decision was first reported by Anthony Dasher of UGASports.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2022

I assume we will have to wait for the rest of the story but he will be hard to replace unless Kirby has a rabbit up his sleeve .

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I guess Kirby will have to find an OL coach on another team and offer him more money. That's the nature of the business.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

This loss is BIG. Luke is a great recruiter and fantastic OL coach. He will be hard to replace.

Well, looks like Georgia is starting to get into the same kind of revolving coaching carousel that Saban deals with nearly every season. The downside to success is that everyone wants a piece of your fabulous pie!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Unpopular opinion here; but I actually thought our run blocking took a measurable step back under Luke. Maybe we can shore that up with our next hire. Either way, he was a great guy and coach. Hope it doesn't hit recruiting too hard.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! The season of upheaval.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Odd timing. I wonder if this means Bobo will become the next O line coach? Just a thought, so don't shoot me! 😁

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

People also said Sam Pittman would be hard to replace. Then Matt Luke is hired, and does a great job also. I think UGA will be fine with the coach chosen to replace Luke..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

GREAT opportunity coming for somebody. Just win baby!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Transfer portal is always a concern. Commits and recruits are always a concern. But I trust Kirby to make the right hire. How could we not? It is not like UGA is the Auburn dumpster fire or some middle of the pack school. It is a TOP tier dream job opportunity for most, so great candidates will be aplenty. Whether very experienced or young and up-and-coming. Kirby's got this.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is not like he is bolting for FL or LSU? He is "stepping away" from coaching. He has his reasons and Kirby knew them well in advance. This is not an insider shocker. He will be hard to replace...any good coach is. But replace him Kirby will with an equal talent.