Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What Matt Luke departure means for talented 2022 Georgia offensive line

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhat Matt Luke departure means for talented 2022 Georgia offensive line

Georgia’s offensive line has the potential to be a real strength in 2022. But if this group is going to reach its potential, Georgia is going to need to quickly find a replacement offensive line coach.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

What happened to the #1 player from Alabama a couple of years ago.. Clay Webb? Don't think I've seen him play 1 play for UGA. Shows that player rankings mean nothing.. #1 Center in the country out of HS, and has yet to play, and may never see the field with better talent ahead of him..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    juneaudawgjuneaudawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

The question was, ‘what does Matt Luke’s departure mean…?’ Everything said in the article about who would be playing is the same as if CML didn’t leave. What is the answer to the question? It doesn’t mean much because of CKS’s history of good hires because of the stability on the O-line?

I imagine it will all work out okay. Kirby is going to call in the cavalry from some place. I wish CML well. Go dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I supposed you could say UGA has an "excess of talent" on the OL. That is if you don't consider that UGA plays more than 5 players on the OL, inevitably players will get hurt and that, every year, players transfer from the program following spring practice. Add in that you have different recruiting classes queued up for development and playing time and UGA is right where they need to be with competition and depth to allow multiple players to play on a championship level team. I see the line looking like this to start the year. L-R: BJones, Ratledge, VPG, Ericson, McClendon. By mid season you will see Mims at RT with McClen sliding in to RG and Ericson spelling LG, C, RG as needed. Even barring injury I can see Truss, Willock and possibly others getting quality minutes. It would not surprise me to see UGA play 2 complete OL's.