Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Coach Joni Taylor leaves Georgia basketball behind for Texas A&M

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageCoach Joni Taylor leaves Georgia basketball behind for Texas A&M

ATHENS — Georgia women’s basketball will be looking for a new coach with Joni Taylor making a surprise move to take the Texas A&M head coaching job.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What was her salary at UGA and what will it be at Texas A&M?

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What kind of lame duck hire are we going to get this time?

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

You might want to look up the definition of "successor", Mike.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I kept seeing her as as a "maybe this year" coach. This year never came. UGA needs Landers-type. Very successful. Josh Brooks has his hands full with this hire.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

aTm just buying up everything UGA. Stole 2-3 UGA assistant football coaches to get a foothold into GA recruiting. Now taking Jonie. Time to upgrade the UGA basketball facilities.

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

She's only the 3rd coach in any sport that I can remember that left UGA for another job (Tubby and Polk were the others). This is sure a strange one. She also has a stacked recruiting class coming in. My concern is the new recruits and many of our star players will transfer out to follow her. Getting a top line coach would hopefully prevent that.

• Options
    nickpnickp Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

Things I did not see coming Looks like Josh Brooks has another coach to hire

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully CJT moving on to aTm doesn't cost UGA Janiah Barker the #3 rated recruit in the '22 class.

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

She and another already de-committed, and Sarah Ashley Barker has gone into the transfer portal. I expect more to follow, unfortunately.