Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia preseason All-American candidate Jalen Carter catches Kirby Smart’s eye in G-Day

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia preseason All-American candidate Jalen Carter catches Kirby Smart’s eye in G-Day

ATHENS — The Georgia G-Day Game left plenty for fans to digest, but it didn’t take long for Jalen Carter to make his preseason felt.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm still annoyed that four of five highest rated DLs and five of the top 10 in the 2022 class signed up with Texas A&M instead of playing for mega talent developer Tray Scott.

I mean, Mykel Williams, Bear Alexander and Christen Miller are a great haul for those positions. But I still wonder when it will dawn on Walter Nolan that he could have followed in the footsteps of 2021 Outland Trophy winner Jordan Davis and and soon-to-be 2022 Outland Trophy winner (😉) Jalen Carter.

Instead, Nolan be toiling for perennial underachiever Jimbo Fisher. Poor kid!

• Options
    KirbyFanKirbyFan Posts: 22 ✭ Freshman

That's easy, they are getting paid. It's not a secret. While Jimbo has one a National Championship, and beat Bama last year, he has not really challenged for the West. They haven't really showed enough consistency.

You are missing the boat our Defensive haul last year as most analysts actually think it's Kirby's best recruiting job at Georgia. Of course only time will tell.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can't sign em all. But, nowadays, you can pick up some of the 5's that got away off the transfer wire in a year or two. LOL....or, lose some if you over-sign at a position like I believe A&M may have done.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carter did not disappoint, neither did Brinson. It is hards to say how well the teams performed given G-Day constraints. You can hate me..but Bennett was not that impressive having to pass nearly every down. Brock showed some leg with that 28 yard scamper....of course he could not be touched. Carson is definitely #2. Brock V. will have to continue to compete for #2. I believe he will stick with the team. Bennett is gone after this season. There was a bit of miscommunication and lack of sync. on offense....expected. Defense did pretty well....hard to really tell under these circumstances. Lots of very young players intro'd by Kirby. Kendall Milton and Kenny Mac kept things interesting in the backfield along with D. Edwards. Milton divided and conquered on that end zone run. He is a bull. Oh... I was impressed with TE Arik Gilbert's effort....he is a bit slow but has those magic hands. WR Blaylock also showed sparks of his old form. WR A. Smith had one very good catch. Good to see that speed. UGA's TE room is a treasure trove of talent. Amazing.

UGA, I do believe, will be a contender again this season...not saying they will win it all again...but will be in that last game for all the marbles.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

McElroy seems to be unaware that Washington is one of the tight ends. 😬