Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Samuel M’Pemba: Nation’s No. 2 ATH shares glowing review of his first UGA visit, will be back soon

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageSamuel M’Pemba: Nation’s No. 2 ATH shares glowing review of his first UGA visit, will be back soon

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 5-star EDGE Samuel M’Pemba. He ranks as the nation’s No. 2 ATH and the No. 16 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

Seems like an intelligent, well spoken young man. But I gotta ask. Does he travel with the national flag of Togo or does UGA have one in the photo room prop bag? That would be some deep recruiting intelligence. Or when he is packing for a recruiting trip is it: " Bass Pro Shop fishing hat, check. National Flag of Togo, check. Underwear, check. Shoes, check. etc" ?

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"BASS PRO SHOP"....Hmmm.

I knew at some point, NIL's nasty little fingers would reach down as far as they can go....High School, Middle School, Pony League.

Coaches are recruiting younger and younger. With the Internet, Development Camps, Recruiting services like ESPN, SPORTS 247, RIVAL, Schools like IMG, etc....It is inevitable that young kids will be turned into Rock Stars.

They will have all the fame and money that potential and a promise can buy. Some kids will be able to handle it...most won't. Some parents will be able to handle it,, most won't. This is a tragedy in the making. It's like watching a train wreck in slow-motion.

I don't know what the answer is, but, from what I understand, the NCAA is waiting for Congress to pass legislation, giving them an "antitrust exemption". The NCAA's power has been neutered. They don't have the authority to do anything regarding NIL. However, I believe they still have their hands on the controls of the "Transfer Portal". They need to throttle that back, some.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hopefully we can overcome Mizzou's local advantage.