Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football announces uniform changes as block numbers return

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football announces uniform changes as block numbers return

New year, new uniforms for the Georgia football team.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

Count me on the side of traditional when it comes to uniforms. Really like the block numbers. Didn't really care for the non-block numbers that UGA wore but they weren't that bad. Not las bad as what the Steelers wear. Vikings also use different numbers for 1st and 2nd digits. Example: #33 would have 2 different style 3's. Dumb. Also like how UGA outlines their numbers. Don't like when a team outlines their numbers but leaves a space of jersey color between the number and the outline. (see FU, Cowboys blue, Patriots white) Looks very high school uniform. Those UGA uni's are nice. Britches could be slightly darker/more silver.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

The numbers don't look bad, I like them, but I do think what we've been using looks better. Not hating, just my opinion. Now, when are we going to FINALLY get those TRUE silver britches we've all been hoping for? I read a few years ago they were working on it, but that was the last of it. Regardless, I TRULY do believe we have the nicest looking jerseys in all of football! Our uniforms are second to none, and I'm not being a homer! That sweet red helmet and G logo is perfection! Love our look!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

Tied for the gayest looking uniforms in football are Tennessee and Florida. I puke and get vertigo every time I watch one of their games! Looks like whoever designed their uniforms are trolling them. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a former Dawg leading the design team. 🤣🤣

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does orange ever look good? FU with that orange helmet does not look good. The only orange that looks half decent is the burnt orange of TX. I am glad that there is a variety of uniforms out there to compare/ contrast. UGA's uniforms are at the top. The bottom? Sorry yellow may be worse than orange. Purple and yellow of LSU is hideous. Would rather have the plain AL or PSU uni's than LSU's. Steelers and Packers yellow pants are horrible. UGA's red head and shoulders above crimson and maroon (aTm).

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

". Britches could be slightly darker/more silver"

Agree!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Red, Black, Silver, whatever, these uniforms have always had the best color coordination IMHO. Proud to pull for the dawgs no matter what! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pollack's 47 should be retired. He's been an asset to the university and to college football, as a whole.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bring back red pants for away games at UT. Throw black jerseys into the trash heap, where they deserve to stay.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

Black jerseys are 🔥. People just don’t like them bc we were blown out by Bama that year. We have a winning record of 5-1 when wearing them. The red pants and even blank pants can go in the trash heap!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

Yellow is the worst, but perfect for Tech! They try to pass it off as gold. Notre Dame’s helmets are gold!

Nothing says, “Come kick my a$$.” like some combination of yellow and white. Nothing says, “We are coming to kick your a$$.” Like some combination of red and white/black/silver regardless of number style!

• Options
    fatdawgfatdawg Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2022

Gotta be honest, I never knew there was a change, I never would have noticed the change this year I don't see any difference. But I still have the same pair of "tennis shoes" I got as a present over 20 years ago. So fashion ain't my thing.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure why, but I love the red pants on the road.