Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Darris Smith viral track clip another reminder of what Georgia football values in recruiting

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Darris Smith viral track clip another reminder of what Georgia football values in recruiting

At 6-foot-6 and 225 pounds, we already knew Darris Smith was one of the more unique athletes in Georgia’s 2022 signing class. He’ll be an edge rusher at Georgia, where his length and athleticism should make a concern for opposing quarterbacks and offensive tackles.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Darris Smith at 6'6" can turn it on in the 200. At UGA he will have to run in the low 20s and high 19s to be a factor in track but football he will be a blaze. Great recruit. He will be an excellent edge rusher.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The future will be getting better and better, strong focused and determined. Go Dawgz.😎

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know why I feel the need to point this out...I guess because Carson Beck was identified as being an accomplished "baseball player". LOL

So was Jake Fromm and Stetson Bennett. Jake, probably moreso than any of them. LOL.

But, no...let's go ahead and throw the spotlight on a 3rd string QB that may not even be here next year. Beck was what??? #250 ranked player overall and #9 ranked QB in his recruiting class.

So far, that's what he's shown on the field, too. I mean no disrespect to him or his Family, but, let's call it what it is. He hasn't reached the rare air that belongs to Fromm and Bennett...yet.

Why is he getting so much press? Did his Dad pay Dawg Nation to Hype him up? In this day and time I wouldn't doubt it, one bit.